Brief description of the disease
The occurrence of gout associated with the deposition of urate (uric acid) which accumulate in the body and eventually affect joints. From this disease affects about three out of thousands. At risk are men over 40, and women immediately after menopause. Particularly frustrating is that gout affects any joints - feet, knees, fingers, elbows and hands, that is, symptoms can appear in absolutely all parts of the body.
The causes of gout - different. This diabetes, and hypertension and an unhealthy lifestyle, and genetic predisposition. When the diagnosis of gout, the diet becomes an integral part of the treatment because the disease attacks often develop against drinking or overeating. Typically, acute inflammation occur at night. This acute pain may be caused by the most frivolous reasons, such as weight sheets. Gout treatment which, for whatever reasons, was delayed, with the passage of time more and more evident, and the periods of exacerbation are becoming longer.
Gout - symptoms and clinical picture
In most cases the inflammation occurs in only one joint, but if not taken care of urate derivation, it spreads to other parts of the body. Typical symptoms of gout - is:
- acute, sometimes unbearable pain in the affected joint, and none of the known pain medication can not eliminate the pain;
- swelling of the joint, redness of the skin in the area of inflammatory focus;
- increase in body temperature up to 39-40 degrees;
- numbness of the affected joint, which takes place in the daytime.
The acute period of the disease lasts from two to seven days. Then the pain and other symptoms go away, the patient becomes easier, but it's just a "ruse". Do not even doubt that gout reassert itself, and it can happen in a few days, and after two or three months after the first attack. The longer a person is sick, the more often the case of aggravation. Over time, gout, treatment is not performed, the transition to the new joints and leads to a full-structuring of bones.
If the inflammation lasts longer than three years, the patient has dense mounds beneath the skin. This is the accumulation of urate - uric acid crystals. Sometimes these formations burst for no apparent reason. Here are located crumb white or gray. Another very unpleasant consequence of gout - kidney stones, which occur in approximately 20% of patients. In rare cases, the disease affects the cardiac system, affects the pericardium and heart valves.
Gout - Treatment by conventional methods
Just want to say that the full recovery of the patient can not guarantee no doctor, but the spread of the inflammatory process quite successfully controlled with the help of modern medical drugs, diet and special procedures. To prevent the formation of kidney stones, and reduce the acidity of urine patient being prescribed corticosteroids. Gout symptoms that persist after treatment medication, require surgical intervention. The surgeon removes deposits of uric acid in the soft tissues, which is a time allows the patient to live a normal life.
However, the operation - an extreme measure. The need for it arises infrequently, as in recent years there have been several methods that let you control the disease without surgery. One of them - plazmoforezogemosorbtsiya - blood purification procedure using special equipment. Improve the condition of patients with gout and some other activities - physical therapy, anti-metabolic disorders, treatment of primary diseases - diabetes, or hypertension.
Gout: diet, as an integral part of the treatment process
Because gout is characterized by impaired metabolism, diet is very important in terms of maintaining a normal state of health of the patient. Primarily, it is necessary to restrict substantially the amount of animal protein in the standard diet. In addition, dangerous as fatty acids and digestible carbohydrates. On this basis, it is possible to make an indicative list of useful products:
- any vegetables except horseradish, cauliflower, radishes, sorrel and spinach;
- almost all fruit, including citrus fruits;
- low-fat milk and milk products, not too salty and fatty cheeses. It is useful yogurt and cottage cheese;
- chicken or quail eggs;
- all types of vegetable oils;
- cereals, especially whole grain;
- savory pastries in reasonable quantities;
- nuts and honey.
Excluded from the diet of meats, sausages, salt, peas, legumes, mushrooms, bacon, grilled fish and meat, canned food, spices and seasonings, cocoa, chocolate, tea, coffee and alcoholic beverages. For patients with a diagnosis of gout, the diet - is the surest way to improve your health, so you need to strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor and to eat properly. As for the number of meals, the standard circuit-breakfast lunch dinner better be replaced by five meals and limit the amount of food consumed at one time.
If you want to use modern methods of losing weight, try interval training. How to lose weight quickly using this effective method to read blogmetodica.ru.
People's treatment of gout
Important note: If you are diagnosed with gout, folk remedies have to be accepted along with the traditional medical preparations, since by themselves they only relieve the symptoms, but do not eliminate the cause of the disease.
- Pour boiling water over fresh pine needles, so that the water level was at 1-2 cm above the needles. Insist the mixture for 1 hour, then put it in a water bath and boil for 40-50 minutes on low heat. The resulting broth is cooled and is used to compress that make every day before going to bed;
- Hypericum collection (4 parts), linseed (2 parts), dandelion root (3 parts), tansy flowers (1 part) and hops (3 parts) is filled with 0, 5 liters of boiling water and leave for 12 hours. Infusion taken in periods of exacerbation, 5-6 Art. spoons;
- birch leaves collection (part 1), the roots of elecampane (3 parts), currant leaves (3 parts), and the fruits of dill (2 parts) is filled with 0, 5 liters of boiling water. The mixture was infused for 12 hours. Accepted during an exacerbation (2 Art. Spoon after meals) and for preventive purposes (1/3 cup 3-5 times a day).
People's treatment of gout is extremely diverse, and the Internet, you will find still a lot of recipes. We would only note that before applying them you should consult with your doctor, that will save you from mistakes and prevent the development of unpleasant complications that often occur after improper use of public money, decoctions and infusions.