Brief description of the disease
First, a few words about what is periodontitis. Simply put - this tissue that "hold" the tooth, in particular: the gums, bone, ligaments and mucous membranes. Periodontal disease is diagnosed in cases when the infection somehow falls into the mouth and begins to destroy the root of the tooth with a bunch of bone that leads to progressive necrosis, and eventually tooth loss. WHO experts say that there are some symptoms of periodontal disease in 80% of the adult population. Widespread periodontitis is caused by a number of factors, chief among them - the lack of concern for the health and beauty of your teeth and an appeal to the dentist only when the inflammatory process leads to irreversible consequences!
Causes of periodontal disease
Round the clock in the mouth of each person live and die hundreds of thousands of bacteria. Their waste products accumulate on the teeth in the form of plaque. When brushing your teeth, this plaque removed, but re-formed after a few hours. Within 2-3 days it hardens and is transformed into tartar. Get rid of it only with the help of professional cleaning in the dental clinic, as both brush and floss in this case will be powerless. In most cases, the absence of elementary oral hygiene a person begins to develop periodontal disease, the symptoms of which are felt at almost any age.
First time on the teeth causes a slight irritation of the gums and gingivitis, but then continued inflammation leads to the formation of "pockets" - the empty space between the teeth and gums, which is filled with bacteria and food debris. As a result, running, chronic parodontin leads to the destruction of bone and tooth loss.
Besides tartar and periodontal disease is caused by some other reasons:
- smoking, chewing tobacco - nicotine lowers immunity, creates a favorable environment for bacteria worsens the healing process of destroyed periodontal tissue;
- bad heredity - when periodontitis is associated with hereditary predisposition to the disease a person - dental cleaning and oral hygiene are virtually ineffective;
- drugs - it is known that antidepressant medications for colds and some other groups of drugs contain substances that reduce saliva production. However, it serves an important function decontamination and accordingly, when reducing the amount of secretion - increased rate of formation of dental plaque;
- diabetes and some other diseases can also cause periodontitis (treatment in this scenario involves a mandatory redemption of the root causes of disease as strengthen the immune system without further measures have no meaning);
- Poor diet - if the standard human diet does not include foods rich in calcium and vitamins B and C, the risk of developing periodontitis increases several times.
Periodontitis - symptoms
All of periodontal inflammation can be divided into acute and chronic. Acute (generalized) periodontitis has the following symptoms:
- throbbing in the gums;
- constant itching;
- tooth mobility;
- bad breath;
- discomfort when chewing food;
- Hypersensitivity necks of the teeth.
Over time, the gums become even more painful, swollen, heavy bleeding when brushing your teeth. In addition, generalized periodontitis makes itself felt during meals, when the remnants of food stuck in "pockets", begin to rot and cause multiple periodontal tissue irritation. Some patients with acute form enhances the appearance of body temperature and general weakness.
Chronic periodontitis develops in undertreated acute form. It is characterized by the same symptoms, but the disease is much more intense. Pain may be so severe that a person is forced to give up brushing. He thereby exacerbating the disease. Also, chronic periodontitis is characterized by a change in color of the gums, the advent of gaps between teeth, difficulty chewing and loss of individual teeth. The depth of the "pockets" often exceed 5-7 mm. In periods of acute inflammation a person feels weak, sharp throbbing pain, malaise. There may be symptoms of heart failure, and pus in the affected areas of tissue.
Periodontitis - the treatment of the disease
The complex of therapeutic measures should plan dentist. This means that when the diagnosis of periodontitis treatment of folk remedies is an additional method for controlling the disease, but does not substitute for surgical and therapeutic methods.
If periodontal disease has been detected at an early stage of development, the course of treatment is professional teeth cleaning, scaling and polishing of the tooth surface. The crown and root are treated with special brushes, which are processed by fluorine-containing protective structures. Hardened dental plaque removed by machining or ultrasound. In particularly severe cases, doctors use curettage - Fat removal procedure through special hooks.
If the depth of tooth "pockets" greater than 5 mm - patients recommended surgery. The main purpose of the operation - to remove the cavity to stop the absorption of tissues and do everything possible to ensure that the tooth has gained stability. Elimination of pathological mobility is done by temporary or permanent prosthesis tires.
Since both periodontitis and chronic periodontitis are among the infectious and inflammatory diseases, experts usually prescribe effective antibiotics sick. Preference is given tetracycline or lincomycin. In addition, patients should take care of strengthening the immune system and increase the body's defenses. For this purpose as the common vitamins and minerals, as well as special tools - immunocorrectors. Of course, the treatment of periodontitis is not without timely filling of the patients teeth, bite correction and correction of other local risk factors.
Periodontitis - Treatment folk remedies
Recipes of traditional medicine can only help in the early stages of the disease. With the development of the inflammatory process, you should immediately consult a doctor and self-abuse. Now the most common recipes:
- 6 grams of dried leaves of bilberry pour a glass of boiled water and boiled for 20 minutes on low heat. Then the broth is cooled and filtered. Medication rinse mouth every 2-3 hours;
- 2 teaspoons of calendula flowers welded in 2 cups of boiling water. The tool is used for rinsing the mouth every 3-4 hours;
- with strong bleeding gums would be helpful to rinse your mouth with a tincture from the leaves of blackberry;
- against periodontitis good broth helps St. John's wort. 2 tablespoons herb pour 2 cups of boiling water and bring to the readiness on low heat for 5 minutes. The broth is necessary to insist 4:00, then strain and rinse the mouth three times a day.