Cervical lymphadenitis - an inflammation of the lymph nodes in the neck. As an independent disease occurs very rarely. Generally a secondary manifestation of propagation of inflammatory processes in the body. The infection enters the cervical lymph nodes or through the bloodstream through an open wound surface.
The main symptoms of cervical lymphadenitis:
- Seals at the neck, pain during palpation;
- The deterioration of general well-being;
- Temperature increase;
In acute cervical lymphadenitis formed strong suppuration of lymph nodes. Chronic lymphadenitis cervical region is shown at each colds or flu.
Cervical lymphadenitis: Causes
Causes of cervical lymphadenitis - local or disseminated (disseminated) infection microbicides. Depending on the location of the source of inflamed:
- Submandibular lymph nodes - are affected by infection of the mouth and face;
- Retropharyngeal lymph nodes - are infected with microorganisms nasopharynx;
- Superficial cervical lymph nodes - a consequence of infection with the adjacent areas of the skin;
- All cervical lymph nodes, bilateral global inflammation - called infectious mononucleosis, toxoplasmosis, secondary syphilis, infiltrative lesions.
Recurrent lymphadenitis cervical region develops as a result of Hodgkin's disease or immunodeficiency of the body.
The causes cervical lymphadenitis may be some emerging or past illnesses and diseases:
- Inflammation of the nose and throat;
- Various allergic reactions;
- metabolic disease;
- Connective tissue disorders;
- Thyroid dysfunction;
- HIV infection.
Cervical lymphadenitis in children
Cervical lymphadenitis in children occurs more active than adults. Children's immune system is just being formed, and is not able to immediately deal with the infection.
The chronic form of cervical lymphadenitis in children occurs only enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. When probing a painful or poorly they do not hurt at all. The temperature is normal, the child's state of health is good.
The acute form of cervical lymphadenitis in children manifests itself as follows:
- The temperature rises to 38 degrees or higher;
- Disturbed sleep and appetite;
- The child complains of headache, severe pain in an increase in the lymph nodes;
- The neck is formed severe swelling;
- In infants, there is a general intoxication.
In such a case, you should immediately contact your pediatrician, who will determine the cause and prescribe treatment. Intoxication is an urgent need to take action to stop it.
The result of self-treatment or improper treatment can be serious complications in the future development of the child.
Cervical lymphadenitis in adults
Cervical lymphadenitis in adults - quite a serious illness. The lymphatic system is one of the first to react to enter the body of infection and infection signals the enlarged lymph nodes. If you find seals in the neck area should be examined by an otolaryngologist and dentist. Inflammation of the cervical lymph nodes in adults formed as a result of:
- A variety of respiratory diseases - ARD, influenza, tonsillitis, pneumonia, and tuberculosis;
- Low intensity of oral diseases - periodontal disease, tooth decay, gingivitis;
- The presence of cancer cells (rarely).
Cervical lymphadenitis: Treatment
Treatment of cervical lymphadenitis should start by identifying the root causes of infection and eliminate the source of infection. After the flu, sore throat, acute respiratory lymph nodes return to normal without any medication. In other cases, the doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs (prednisone, deltason, Medrol).
On a more serious stage, inflammation and festering cervical lymph nodes, appointed antibiotics. The group depends on the spectrum antibiotic susceptibility of infection. If the cause of the infection was the tubercle bacillus, treatment should be carried out in the hospital a special anti-TB therapy.
To speed up the treatment of cervical lymphadenitis is recommended:
- Various physiotherapy - iontophoresis, electroplating, UHF-therapy;
- Anti-inflammatory ointment;
- Restores the immune system drugs - adjuvants, multivitamin preparations containing high doses of vitamin C;
- Abundant drinking regime and finding the patient in a warm, draft-free and hypothermia.
If the treatment of cervical lymphadenitis have been met and formed in the lymph node abscess - it must be an autopsy. Held surgery, during which the abscess is opened, the pus is removed and the wound is drained.
Strongly recommended treatment of cervical lymphadenitis in the home folk ways. In most cases this therapy is dangerous. Lymph nodes can not be warm, rub on them and cause the net iodine. Eat infusion or decoction is possible only after consultation with your doctor.
Delays in treatment of cervical lymphadenitis may lead to thrombophlebitis or sepsis.
For prevention should observe basic hygiene rules for cuts and injuries, carefully monitor the overall health and strengthen the immune system.