Erosion of the esophagus
Erosion of the esophagus - a defect of the inner layer of mucous membrane in the esophagus. This defect is a complication of hiatal hernia, which develops due to the movement of the organs of the abdominal cavity in the thoracic through the diaphragmatic esophageal opening. Most people with the erosion of the esophagus, do not guess about the disease, citing the lack of severe symptoms or errors in food.
The causes of the erosion of the esophagus
Erosion of the esophagus is preceded by the following pathological conditions:
- Increased intrauterine pressure;
- The weakened muscle tone of the esophageal wall;
- Reducing the length of the esophagus because of the inflammatory process of scarring, or swelling;
- Atrophy of the left lobe of the liver;
- Stretching hiatal;
- The lack of fat tissue under the diaphragm;
- Curvature of the spine in the form of kyphosis, which often occurs in older people.
All these factors contribute to the appearance of moving, the axial hernias, after which develops and erosion of the esophagus.
The clinic and symptoms of erosion of the esophagus
Sometimes the clinical picture of the erosion of the esophagus can be asymptomatic, worn and fuzzy. But a large number of patients have complaints about the dull or sharp pain in the chest, abdominal, or with different irradiation, which resemble the pain of angina. Pain and discomfort usually occur when eating or moving the position of the body. Pain may be accompanied by a sense of fullness and bloating, which tend to decrease when taking the body vertical.
Symptoms esophageal erosion following:
- Painful swallowing (dysphagia);
- Increased secretion of saliva in the mouth;
- Unpleasant smell from the mouth.
Diagnosis of the disease
In establishing a diagnosis of the patients underwent X-ray examination, with which you can accurately determine the presence of a hernia or esophageal reflux (gastro-intestinal casting). Also, additional studies are conducted using ezofagotonokimografii, general and biochemical analysis of blood, urine, colonoscopy and fecal occult blood.
Treatment of erosion of the esophagus
Treatment of erosion of the esophagus with medication should be under a doctor's supervision. Drug therapy includes alginates, antacids and prokinetics:
- Alginates can form on the inner surface of the stomach thick foam which has a therapeutic effect during each reflux (cast contents into the esophagus);
- By antacids include almagel, which is able to cure the symptoms of medium severity. For the treatment it is used frequently - every half or two hours after meals and at bedtime;
- Prokinetics reduce the contact time of the esophagus with hydrochloric acid, improve gastric emptying, increased pressure in the lower esophageal sphincter. To apply prokinetic motilium or domperidone. It should be used four times a day for ten milligrams for a long time;
- Pariet (proton pump inhibitors) twenty milligrams per day for eight to ten weeks.
Treatment of esophageal erosion folk remedies
- Thirty minutes before meals three or four times a day should be taken at the fifty milliliters of potato juice for a half or two months. For the year should go through three or four treatment courses. Cooking potato juice: peeled potatoes grate and squeeze the juice through cheesecloth or get the juice using a juicer;
- Thirty minutes before a meal to take 25-30 ml of potato and carrot juice for a half or two months. For the year should go through three or four such treatment course;
- Take twenty grams of linden flower, marigold, fireweed and ten grams of flowers horsetail, immortelle, celandine, St. John's wort, chamomile pharmacy, valerian root and fruit of fennel. Grind all the plants and put them in a glass jar, boil one tablespoon of chopped plant in 500 milliliters of boiling water on low heat for five to seven minutes, let it brew for two-three hours and filtered. Take the infusion of thirty minutes before meals three to four times a day in the form of heat to 100-120 milliliters.