Brief description of the disease


Under hematuria is understood the presence of blood (red blood cells) in human urine. Depending on the intensity of the process is allocated microscopic and macroscopic hematuria. In the first case, the erythrocytes are observed only under the microscope. This usually occurs during the test routine analyzes. When the disease is detected by gross hematuria clearly visible discoloration of urine and requires immediate consultation with a specialist.

Currently, blood in the urine periodically occurs in 15-21% of adult men and women. Many patients can not be a long time to reveal the true cause of the disease, without which treatment does not make any sense, because hematuria by itself - it is only a consequence of inflammation or other adverse processes in the kidney, bladder, ureter, prostate and urethra.

In some cases, hematuria, which is caused by the body especially the particular patient, do not cause any problems, and a person can live with it the rest of your life. This minor form of the disease is diagnosed in 9-10% of people complained of blood in the urine. However, the remaining 90% of patients suffer from serious hematuria and require adequate complex treatment.

Hematuria - causes of the disease

  • kidney and urinary tract infections;
  • malignancies;
  • gipreplaziya benign prostate;
  • mechanical damage of the bladder;
  • increased radiation background;
  • prostatitis;
  • abuse of alcohol and smoking;
  • significant physical activity;
  • acute inflammatory processes affecting the genitourinary system.

Symptoms of hematuria and methods of diagnosis of the disease

Most often it manifests hematuria urinary disorders (sudden urge, a painful process, high frequency) and the change in color of urine. These characteristics indicate the presence of inflammation in the bladder, urethra and prostate gland. Note that even if the patient an accurate diagnosis - hematuria, treatment is done only after a full examination of the person, because the main task of the doctor in this case - to find the cause of blood in the urine.

Identify infectious processes helps urine culture. Hematuria, signs of which are manifested in the form of irritable bladder symptoms, indicates the presence of carcinoma of the bladder. To put a more accurate diagnosis is necessary to cytology liquid obtained by washing the bladder with isotonic sodium chloride solution. The same technique is used in situations where the blood in the urine suggests the presence of bladder cancer.

Reducing the thickness of the urine stream, urgency and uncertainty of incomplete emptying of the bladder - a symptoms of the lower portion of the urinary tract. If hematuria is accompanied by pain in the side of the abdomen, then the most likely sources of bleeding - a ureter or kidney. Blood in the urine that occurs on a background of fever to diagnose the presence of a tumor or an infection of the kidneys.

Hematuria - the treatment of the disease

 Treatment for hematuria

At the macro-form of the disease the patient is required to apply to the doctor and undergo a complete examination to determine the cause of the disease. If hematuria manifests itself suddenly and is accompanied by a significant loss of blood, the patient should be administered hemostatics products and tools that increase blood clotting. Simultaneously, the survey is conducted on a subject organism infections and inflammatory processes.

We have already mentioned that no matter how manifests hematuria, treatment should be carried out only after a thorough examination and passing the required tests. Otherwise, treatments give only short-term effect, worthless without addressing the causes of the disease. However, much afraid that if you find blood in the urine - is not necessary, since this fact in itself is in no way indicative of the severity of the disease.

Haematuria Treatment folk remedies

  • fill in the bark or root of barberry 1 cup boiling water and boil the mixture for 20 minutes. You need to drink a decoction 2-3 times a day for 3 tablespoons. spoons;
  • Pour '20 blackberry roots 0, 5 glasses of red wine and hold on low heat for 10-15 minutes. Eat broth should be 3 times a day for 2 tablespoons. spoons;
  • help cope with hematuria and bearberry leaf powder. Mix it in equal proportions with powdered sugar and take every 4 hours for 1 h. Spoon.