Pilates - this is one of the most popular at the moment in the world of systems to work with the body and the human mind, harmoniously combining Western and Eastern system of exercises. It received its name in honor of the man who developed it - Joseph Pilates.
It created a system of Pilates?
Joseph Pilates was growing weak and sickly child. He suffered from rickets and asthma. But thanks to systematic sports activities, he managed not only to fully regain their health, but also to create for itself a surprisingly beautiful body of the athlete. In addition, he was able to become a professional athlete and fitness instructor courses with unique methods and Pilates exercises. Joseph Pilates lived a long life and died at the age of 87. Shortly before his death, he confessed that his technique allowed him to not get sick, do not take any drugs that, in spite of his advanced age, continues to enjoy success with women.
During the Second World War, Pilates engaged in the rehabilitation of wounded soldiers. It was then that he began to develop his own system of exercises. After the war, Pilates, together with his wife, his own school in which he taught the people he developed a unique method that provides imaginative, mental control over the work of skeletal muscles.
Technique Pilates quickly became popular all over the world. However, in each country, several followers modify it. For example, in Italy, Pilates exercises are somewhat artistic and dancing character in Britain prefer a conservative methodology, well in America prefer the power and athletic forms of employment.
Benefits of Pilates
Pilates exercises are performed in the mode static-dynamic muscle contraction, is most effective for strengthening. During classes are utilized virtually all muscle groups, including small muscles of the legs and arms. It achieves quick results, and most importantly contributes to the harmonious development of the human body.
Lessons from Pilates, it is first necessary to take people suffering from diseases of the musculoskeletal system: arthritis, deforming osteoarthritis, low back pain, posture disorders, intervertebral hernia, etc. Pilates exercises are also shown and people suffering from chronic diseases of the respiratory and cardiovascular system. In recent years, the methods of Pilates for weight loss.
Contraindications for Pilates
Initially, the system was designed specifically as Pilates rehabilitation because it has a small number of contraindications:
- Acute intoxication or infectious disease;
- Increased body temperature;
- Any disease or acute exacerbation of chronic diseases, including cerebrovascular accidents, coronary insufficiency, thrombosis, embolism, etc .;
- Malignant neoplasms and their metastases (prior to radical treatment);
- Foreign body, located close to the major nerves and blood vessels;
- Severe heart failure;
- Severe forms of mental illness, including mental retardation;
- Severe respiratory failure;
- Severe weakness, fatigue, sudden pain;
- Atrioventricular block.
Pilates for Beginners
Pilates can begin to engage people of both sexes and all age groups. However, if you have any chronic diseases, it is best to start training under the guidance of an experienced instructor. Giving lessons of Pilates, it must devote sufficient attention to the state of the ward. With the development of tachycardia (over 100 beats per minute), or vice versa bradycardia (less than 60 beats per minute), as well as the deterioration of the general condition of employment should be terminated immediately.
The range of Pilates for beginners necessarily include exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles and back muscles, which contribute to the formation of correct posture. When choosing a Pilates exercise is important to consider the individual characteristics for dealing with this technique, a person that can improve the mobility of joints, strengthen muscles and develop their flexibility.
If you can not go to the gym and worked under the guidance of coach, you can use the video lessons of Pilates.
The basic principles of Pilates:
1. Focusing aimed at controlling the correctness of the exercise;
2. Control of breathing. During training preference diaphragmatic type of respiration. Proper breathing significantly increases the efficiency of Pilates classes. Inhale to do when you return to the original position, and exhale when the positive phase of the exercise.
3. The principle of alignment, ie, control the balance between the left and right halves of the body, as well as between the muscles of the back and abdomen. Compliance with this principle is to prevent occurrence of muscle pain and reduces the load on the spine.
4. Alignment. During any Pilates exercises should be carefully monitored the correct position of the body.
5. Coordination. Taking the lessons of Pilates, you have certain skills to be used in the future to better perform each movement in the exercise.
6. Smooth. All Pilates exercises are carried out smoothly, without jerks, sudden stops or long pauses.
7. Relaxation. During the lessons should not strain the muscle groups that are not involved in the performance of a particular exercise.
8. gradually. In Pilates load increase occurs gradually with increasing muscle endurance and overall physical fitness of an athlete.
9. systematically. In order to achieve a pronounced effect, do pilates regularly, at least two or three times a week. Especially important to observe the principle of systematic, if you are doing Pilates for weight loss.
Pilates at home
Not everyone has the time to attend a fitness club, and someone does not allow the material possibilities. But to engage in Pilates at home is possible! To teach you need:
- DVD with video tutorials Pilates;
- A small pad required for exercises on the floor;
- A small chair, hoop and ball.
In conclusion, I would like to give a few simple tips for those who decided to do Pilates at home:
1. Clothes should not hamper your movements and be as comfortable;
2. Engage barefoot or in thin socks, because it will more actively train the muscles of feet;
3. Proceed to the occupations is not earlier than one hour after eating;
4. If you notice a deterioration of health, the exercise should be immediately discontinued.