Juvederm is a group of single-phase (containing no additional inclusions) fillers, having in its composition natural reticular hyaluronic acid produced by a biosynthetic pathway.
By fillers understand specialized (natural or synthetic) gel injection material used to remove wrinkles, body contouring, correction of nasolabial folds and other cosmetic procedures.
Yuviderm - a popular dermal filler containing hyaluronic acid - a natural polysaccharide existing in human tissues. The skin has a supply of hyaluronic acid, a major component of the cellular matrix of the skin. She, like cement, connects the collagen fibers, and high hygroscopic properties enable hyaluronic acid to retain water, thus ensuring an optimal level of skin hydration. In addition, hyaluronic acid has viscoelastic properties, increasing the concentration of natural lubrication to the skin and improving its absorption qualities.
Because of the inevitable aging, exposure to the skin of negative external (changes in temperature, sun, cold medicines) and internal factors, the skin loses its own hyaluronic acid, resulting in a connection between the dermis and the epidermis is weakened, resulting in a reduction of skin tone and wrinkles. So - since 30 years - the body needs extra income of hyaluronic acid in the composition of fillers.
Hyaluronic acid, which is a part of Juvederm injections, produced as a result of bacterial fermentation of a natural strain of Streptococcus equi, which is non-pathogenic to the human body.
Characteristics of the drug Yuviderm
History dermal filler Juvederm has its origins in 2000 when the French company «Corneal France» brought to market a new beauty, enhanced drug-filler. Implant Series meets high security - biocompatibility with human tissues, sterile, high-protein, pyrogens, endotoxins, and other biologically active substances. According to the reviews Juvederm, these properties allow the preparation filler evenly distributed beneath the skin, eliminating the non-uniform correction and effectively eliminate all the shortcomings of the skin.
There are several types of drug Yuviderm series:
- Juvederm. The product is a sterile, pyrogen-free saline gel having in its structure intermolecularly-linked hyaluronic acid of non-animal origin;
- 2. Yuviderm implant having less concentrated formulation of the whole range of fillers. Injections of Juvederm 2 are to be administered in a superficial layer of the dermis to correct wrinkles around the eyes ("crow's feet"), on the forehead, glabellar wrinkles and perioral;
- Yuviderm 3. The drug is injected into the surface and middle layers of the dermis, apply with a view to removing wrinkles on the cheeks, the corners of the mouth, on the forehead. The filler is also used for cosmetic correction lip contour;
- 4. The dermal filler Juvederm Juvederm lip, pronounced nasolabial folds, deep wrinkles on his forehead. It has a very dense concentration and is intended for introduction into the deeper layers of the dermis to restore a clear outline of the face, lips, cheekbones and chin.
Juvederm injections - only implant based on hyaluronic acid, having in its composition 0, 3% solution of lidocaine, which allows for all cosmetic surgery is absolutely painless.
Correction appearance by injection Yuviderm
Cosmetic treatment, during which the gel using a syringe with a thin needle or cannula inserted into the dermal layer of the skin, takes less than 30 minutes. Within 2-3 days after the injection, there may be slight redness, swelling and tenderness of the skin. Signs of injecting intervention, according to the reviews Yuviderm disappear after a few days without the use of special therapy.
In rare cases may occur at the injection site nodules: about this side effect Yuviderm you must immediately notify your doctor.
Duration Juvederm lip lasts 6 months - due to their high saturation of the capillaries, for all other parts of the skin - about 9 months. On earlobes correction results are stored on the 1, 5-2 years. In general, the duration of the effect of the drug depends on skin type, the technique used and the individual characteristics of the patient's skin.
Following the injection of drugs is not recommended:
- Being exposed to direct sunlight, to visit a solarium for 10 days after the procedure;
- Visit bath, a sauna, a swimming pool for a week;
- Doing facial massage for 2-3 months;
- Overly tense facial muscles.
Contraindications Juvederm injections
Correction face with Juvederm is not allowed:
- In areas of the skin with existing infections and inflammatory skin diseases;
- Together with the procedures of chemical peeling, laser treatment, dermabrasion (sanding the face);
- In the case of addiction to the appearance of hypertrophic scarring,
- In autoimmune disease, immunotherapeutic treatment;
- Individual intolerance and hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid.