white and beautiful teeth have always been considered the standard of beauty and youth, but until recently the white beautiful smile, so typical of the famous actor, were virtually inaccessible to ordinary people of the planet. But science does not stand still, so modern dentistry today has quite an impressive arsenal of teeth whitening.
The reasons for tooth discoloration
Teeth whitening, reviews, not only aesthetic procedure. In some cases, it may be absolutely necessary for the person when the teeth darken or become ugly yellowish tint.
Discoloration of teeth can be divided into superficial and deep. The surface color change occurs as a result of eating products with distinct coloring properties: tea, coffee, red wine, chocolate, mustard, tomatoes, Pepsi-Cola, blueberries, soy sauce, nicotine.
Deep tooth staining occurs, usually as a result of human use of certain chemicals or drugs. For example, children are often stained teeth in a dark gray color as a result of the mother during pregnancy or for children under eight years of tetracyclines. Deep tooth staining can be observed when consumed water with high fluorine content and iron, as well as a number of diseases of the body.
Methods of tooth whitening
There are three main methods of teeth whitening:
- Professional teeth whitening with the help of special equipment. Produce is extremely whitening in the dental office.
- Professional teeth whitening gels or by using special splints. Such bleaching is usually possible to use at home.
- Teeth whitening at home using a special whitening toothpaste, chewing gum and other tools that can be purchased without a prescription.
Professional teeth whitening
Undoubtedly, professional tooth whitening agents are much more efficient and secure, despite the fact that their cost higher.
Most young people tend to whiten teeth is enough to give up bad habits and not too expensive to use public means. Of course, with pronounced problems can not do without professional help. Here are the most common methods of professional teeth whitening:
- Teeth whitening using special formulations. Technology like whitening teeth is impregnated with special compounds that penetrate into the pores and discolour organic pollution, highlighting the free radicals. The most common agents are urea and hydrogen peroxide. According to reviews, teeth whitening with special formulations quite effective. It is usually sufficient to hold multiple sessions desk bleaching. The action of certain drugs increase, stimulating the formation of free radicals. For this purpose, use special lamps or ultraviolet irradiation.
- Laser teeth whitening. This teeth whitening, reviews, is considered the most gentle and not traumatic. Moreover, the modern techniques of laser bleaching, the less ultraviolet radiation or heat to activate the bleaching composition and the effect is stronger and more stable. Actually, teeth whitening consists of several stages. At the first stage the doctor deals with diagnosis and the search for the causes darkening of teeth. He then selects the optimal scheme of bleaching, mouthguards are made individually (gel tanks, used at home), picks up the drugs. After reaching the optimum effect on the teeth smeared with a special varnish composition, strengthens the teeth and makes them shine.
- Teeth whitening system ZOOM 3. The system is pre-treated teeth with potassium nitrate and fluoride, after which the hardware bleaching, the time occupied by about 1, 5 hours. After that, the doctor prescribes drugs to support home bleaching, which fix the result and have a mild effect, due to the presence in them of amorphous calcium compounds.
It is important to carefully approach the selection of clinics and specialist whitening. In the opinion of whitening teeth with excessive ultraviolet radiation and gels are often fraught with burns of the mouth. Experienced specialist should be able to choose the whitening circuit based on individual characteristics of the patient, otherwise, the procedure can lead to increased sensitivity of the teeth and abrasion of tooth enamel.
Methods for bleaching teeth at home
The most common folk remedy for teeth whitening is hydrogen peroxide. In this bleaching
teeth at home using hydrogen peroxide does not require any special preparation. Simply dissolving 20 g of peroxide in 50 ml of water for several minutes with a solution of a mouth rinse. After that, the mouth should be thoroughly rinsed with water.
Recently, commercially available in a wide range of special whitening gels based on hydrogen peroxide, which also can be used at home.
Another well-known means of teeth whitening - the use of coal. In ancient times, for this purpose used wood ash, causing it to elementary finger and teeth cleaning powder. Today, instead of ash can be successfully used activated carbon. It must be crushed into powder, dip your toothbrush and brush your teeth with charcoal. You can also add a bit of charcoal directly on the toothpaste.
The undoubted hit of teeth whitening at home is by using whitening soda. Soda quite quickly and efficiently removes dirt and spots teeth, but do not abuse it, because it destroys tooth enamel and injure the gums. Generally, this means for teeth whitening is not recommended to use more than once a week.
Quite new and effective means of reviews, teeth whitening - is the use of tea tree oil. Especially this method is popular because it does not spoil the tooth enamel and did not injure the gums.
Contraindications for tooth whitening
It is impossible to carry out the procedure in the period of pregnancy and lactation, in children under 18, in the presence of various defects in tooth enamel. Please be aware that a variety of drugs intended for bleaching, you may have an allergic reaction.
In addition, teeth whitening is prohibited in the presence of a large number of crowns and fillings, broken teeth and carious areas of heavy dental plaque. Prohibited teeth whitening in the presence of severe common diseases (asthma, blood pressure, tumors, etc.).