Diet for arthritic joints - specially designed feeding system, can improve the joints and reduce the risk of future development of osteoarthritis. The main objectives of dieting with osteoarthritis of the joints:
- Reduce the load on the joints due to the discharge of excess weight;
- Suspend the development of osteoarthritis by decreasing inflammation in the joints;
- Slow down premature aging and wear of cartilage;
- Normalize metabolic processes.
Osteoarthritis often develops with age, joint cartilage breaks down and grows connective tissue and bone. The disease can occur earlier due to a sedentary lifestyle, heavy physical exertion or malnutrition.
The basic components of the diet for arthritic joints
Menu diet for arthritic joints developed individually for each patient, taking into account age, gender, presence of obesity, disease stage and other factors. This diet for osteoarthritis of the hip, a diet with osteoarthritis of the knee or a diet with osteoarthritis of the foot is actually no different, because the task of such diets is one - the body's supply of nutrients, helps to restore cartilage and normalizes the work of the joints.
To restore the cartilage that covers the surface of joints, and the formation of new body tissues are required animal and vegetable proteins. Dishes from protein foods should be boiled, stew or steamed. The menu diet arthrosis necessarily include jelly and jelly, as a source of large amounts of collagen - a protein necessary for the restoration of cartilage and bone tissue of the joints.
Energy for proper metabolism provide carbohydrates. Preference is given to a diet with osteoarthritis of complex carbohydrates found in vegetables, fruits and berries. Prolonged absorption of complex carbohydrates provide the body with energy for a long time. Excluded from the diet of simple carbohydrates contained in sugar and sweets, as they contribute to weight gain.
As an accelerator of metabolism in diet with osteoarthritis of joints used vegetable fats and natural butter. It should exclude any refractory fats that contribute to clogging of blood vessels cholesterol, worsening their patency and preventing blood flow.
When osteoarthritis is important to supply the body with vitamins (especially group B), minerals and trace elements. If their food has not been sufficient, you need vitamin-mineral complexes, which must appoint a physician.
Featured products in diets with osteoarthritis
Forming a diet should be a balance. Products should contain sufficient nutrients for the restoration of the joints, but not contribute to weight gain. Based on these conditions, a diet with osteoarthritis of the hip joints, knee arthrosis diet or a diet with osteoarthritis of the foot is recommended to use the following products:
- Fat free milk, including milk products;
- Lean meats, fish and poultry;
- Legumes and cereals;
- Fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Dried fruits and nuts.
Composing diet menu when arthritis should be considered:
- Fatty fish contain important for cartilage and bone elements - iron, selenium, phosphorus, and fish oil improves the cartilage softens and inflammation;
- Sweet bell peppers and oranges thanks to the large amount of antioxidants that bind free radicals, prevent aging of tissues and joints (freshly squeezed glass of orange juice a day by 16% reduces the risk of arthrosis);
- Pomegranate reduces inflammation, blocking the formation of proteolytic enzymes, which contributes to excess wear and tear of cartilage. To maintain this effect is enough to Day 3-5 Art. tablespoons freshly prepared pomegranate juice;
- Pineapple contains bromelain, a natural enzyme, which has a strong anti-inflammatory effect. Max bromelain found in fresh, just cut pineapple.
When osteoarthritis is necessary to exclude milk products, fatty meats, corn oil, fast food (fast food).
Compliance with specially prepared diet for arthritic joints contributes to a significant reduction in weight, a marked improvement in the condition of patients and reduces the risk of the further development of joint disease.