Viroleks - antiallergic, antiviral drug.
Release form and composition Viroleksa
- Pills. 1 tablet contains 200 mg of acyclovir. Available in package of 20 pieces;
- Eye ointment 3%. In 1 g of ointment contains 30 mg of acyclovir. Produced in a tube at 4, 5 g;
- Cream for external application. In 1 g of cream contains 50 mg of acyclovir. Available in tube of 5 g;
- Viroleks lyophilisates for solution for infusion. In 1 vial contains 250 mg of acyclovir. Available in packs of 5 pieces.
In applying the drug thymidine kinase infected cells actively converts the active ingredient Viroleksa by a number of successive reactions in the monophosphate, diphosphate and acyclovir triphosphate. By reacting acyclovir triphosphate DNA polymerase is suppressed new generations of viruses.
Viroleks instructions for use inside and intravenously:
- In infections caused by herpes simplex viruses;
- In order to prevent infections caused by herpes viruses, including patients immunocompromised;
- Treatment of prolonged or repeated genital herpes virus (over 6 years);
- Varicella in the newborn;
- For the prevention of cytomegalovirus infection following bone marrow transplantation;
- In the combined therapy in patients undergoing bone marrow transplantation and in patients with severe immunodeficiency, including, when the clinical picture of HIV infection.
Viroleks according to the instructions applied topically in ophthalmology at keratitis and other eye disease caused by the herpes virus.
Viroleks instructions for topically applied skin infections caused by herpes viruses (genital herpes, herpes of the skin, eczema, herpes, etc.).
Dosing and dosing Viroleksa
Adults and children older than two years into taking 200-400 mg three to five times a day. If necessary, the dosage may be increased to 20 mg / kg (800 mg) four times a day. Children under two years of age are half the adult dosage. The duration of treatment ranged from five to ten days.
Intravenous take Viroleks instructions for adults and children under the age of twelve years of 5-10 mg / kg. The interval between drippers must not be less than eight hours. Children aged from three months to twelve years, taking intravenous 250-500 mg / m 2 body surface and with an interval of administration - eight hours. The dosage for infants of 10 mg / kg at intervals of administration - eight hours.
When administered intravenously, the maximum dosage for adults is 30 mg / kg per day.
External and local use on Viroleks instructions to five times a day. The duration of treatment and the dosage depends on the indication and use of the dosage form.
The drug is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the components of acyclovir and valacyclovir.
When administered intravenously, is a contraindication to the use of breastfeeding.
Reviews Virolekse patients show that renal failure should adjust dosage regimens.
Reviews Virolekse indicate these potential side effects of the drug:
- When administered intravenously received such reviews Virolekse and side effects: nausea, vomiting, or inflammation at the injection site phlebitis, acute renal failure, encephalopathy (hallucinations, confusion, psychosis, tremor, seizures, agitation, coma), crystalluria;
- When ingestion possible: abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, headache, skin rash, dizziness, poor concentration, fatigue, insomnia or drowsiness, fever. Reviews Virolekse patients indicate a rare occurrence of leukopenia, erythropenia, lymphocytopenia, as well as hair loss, a temporary increase in the blood concentration of urea, bilirubin, creatinine, liver enzymes;
- For external use may occur at the site of the burning overlay, itching, skin rash, erythema, peeling, dryness of the skin. There were reviews of Virolekse the occurrence of inflammation in contact with mucous membranes;
- When applied topically, it may be conjunctivitis, blepharitis, punctate keratitis, a burning sensation at the site overlay.
Not recommended intake Viroleksa according to the instructions in severe renal impairment.
It should be noted that the use of acyclovir is able to cause the development of acute renal failure, so you need to monitor renal function.
Treatment of patients suffering from diseases in old age should be under medical supervision, as they have a half-life of acyclovir increases.
In the treatment of genital herpes should abandon sexual intercourse during treatment or use condoms.