Betacam - a synthetic drug with antihypertensive effect.
The active substance Betacam has a pronounced antihypertensive effect due to a decrease in sympathetic stimulation of peripheral vessels and reduction in cardiac output.
At therapeutic doses, according to the instructions Betacam has expressed no cardiodepressive action. In addition, the drug has no effect on glucose metabolism and causes sodium retention.
Step Betacam develops within a few hours after administration, the duration of action exerted - 24 hours.
According to reviews, stable antihypertensive effect occurs after 2-5 days, and the maximum effect Betacam develops through 1 5-2 months.
Betacam produced as white coated tablets containing 20 mg of betaxolol. Other ingredients - sodium starch glycolate, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal anhydrous silica, titanium oxide, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose and polyethylene glycol 400. 10 tablets in contour of cellular packages.
According to the instructions Betacam used to treat:
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- Coronary heart disease: angina and rest and myocardial infarction;
- Cardiac arrhythmias, including supraventricular and ventricular tachyarrhythmias, sinus tachycardia and arrythmia.
Betacam contraindicated for instructions apply for the following diseases:
- Chronic heart failure stage II-III;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- AV-block II and III level;
- Raynaud's syndrome;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Prinzmetal angina;
- Sinoatrial block;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Occlusive disease;
- Chronic obstructive bronchitis;
- Severe renal impairment;
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance and Betacam betaxolol.
Betacam Guide: how to use
When hypertension at the beginning of treatment prescribed by Betacam 5-10 mg a day. After a few weeks the dose can be increased to 20 mg. Betacam tablets taken once daily without regard to meals.
When receiving Betacam it should be noted that in the first days of treatment with appropriate predisposition may develop heart failure. To avoid withdrawal at the end of therapy to reduce the daily dose should be gradually Betacam, 5 mg every 3-4 days.
In case of overdose of Betacam instructions may develop bradycardia, syncope, AV-blockade, convulsions, cardiac failure, drop in blood pressure and bronchospasm.
Care should be taken while taking Betacam with: calcium channel blockers, beta blockers, cardiac glycosides, antihypertensives, drugs for inhalation anesthesia, agonists and phenothiazines.
Betacam can be used with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
Betacam according to the instructions can cause various side effects:
- Bradycardia, heart failure, orthostatic hypotension, AV-blockade and deterioration of peripheral circulation, expressed as paresthesia, cold extremities and Raynaud's syndrome;
- Exacerbation of psoriasis;
- Asthenia, confusion, dizziness, headache, fatigue, depression, drowsiness, hallucinations;
- Nausea, diarrhea or constipation, vomiting, cholestasis;
- Dry eyes;
- Skin rash or hives;
- Leucopenia and thrombocytopenia.
Storage conditions Betacam
Betacam related to drugs that are dispensed by prescription.
The recommended shelf life - 24 months.