Proktozan - a synthetic drug with a local astringent, anti-inflammatory, local anesthetic and drying effect used in proctology.
Active substances Proktozana help reduce the severity of symptoms and treatment of anorectal diseases. Action Proktozana due to its constituent components:
- Bufexamac has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, which is caused by inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis;
- Titanium dioxide and bismuth subgallate promote wound healing, providing astringent and drying effect;
- Lidocaine is used as a local anesthetic of the amide type.
Proktozan produced in the form:
- Ointments for rectal and topical, 1 g of which contains 50 mg of bismuth subgallate, bufexamac, titanium dioxide, and 5 mg of lidocaine hydrochloride monohydrate. Excipients - polikos, wool wax, sorbitol, light liquid paraffin, sorbitan sesquioleate, isopropyl palmitate, water. The aluminum tubes of 20 g;
- Rectal Suppository containing 100 mg of bismuth subgallate and titanium dioxide, bufexamac of 250 mg and 10 mg lidocaine hydrochloride monohydrate. Excipients - solid fat. 5 pieces in blister packs.
To closest analogues are medicines Proktozana Anuzol, Baliz, Gepazolon, Doloprokt, Betiol, Olestezin, Posterisan, Gemorol, proctitis-glivenol, Proctosedyl M Simetrid, ultraprokt.
According to the instructions Proktozan prescribed for:
- The inflammatory process in the rectal area, including proctitis;
- Hemorrhoids 1 and 2 degrees;
- Acute and chronic anal eczema;
- Anal fissures.
Proktozan contraindicated for instructions apply when:
- Specific inflammatory processes, including tuberculosis and syphilis;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Proktozan during pregnancy, childhood and lactation is contraindicated to use.
According to the instructions Proktozan as an ointment to be applied to the affected area to the anus twice a day. Pre-recommended skin wash with warm water without using soap.
When rectal ointment should be applied after a bowel movement. For the administration of the drug using the supplied applicator. Multiplicity of application - 1-2 times per day. Rectal suppositories Proktozan of instructions used in the same way.
The treatment is continued for 7-10 days after disappearance of the acute symptoms. Prolonged use Proktozana not recommended due to being a part of the local anesthetic.
When pregnancy Proktozan should not be used due to lack of research.
As a rule, Proktozan of reviews is well tolerated. In rare cases, the allergic reaction can be observed in the form:
- Redness of the skin of the perianal area;
- Education flakes and bubbles;
Proktozan of reviews may lead to a decrease in the strength of condoms, which reduces their reliability.
According to the testimony Proktozan can be purchased without a prescription. Recommended storage time manufacturer of ointments and suppositories - 36 months.