Pantsef - parenteral cephalosporin antibiotic of the third generation medication used for the treatment of various infectious diseases.
Pharmacological action Pantsefa
The active ingredient Pantsefa bactericidal and disrupting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall, influences the different types of microorganisms (aerobic and anaerobic gram-positive and gram-negative).
Pantsef produced in the form:
- Film-coated tablets containing an active substance (cefixime) in an amount of 400 mg;
- Light yellow granules for oral suspension in vials of 60 ml and 100 ml. The prepared granules of suspension has white-yellowish color and smell of orange.
As the active ingredient Pantsefa analogues are medicines Supraks, Iksim Lupin Tsemideksor, Tseforal Soljutab and Supraks Soljutab.
In the operation to peers Pantsefa include Azaran, Rocephin, Dardum, Bestum, Biotrakson, Medakson, Movigip, axons Rezibelakta, Lendatsin, Orzid, Lorakson, Vitsef, Kefoteks, Sulperazon, klaforan, Movoperiz, Sulmover, Liforan, Operaz, Oritaksim, Sultsefazon, Tizim, Fortum, Tsedeks, Fortazim, Tsefantral, Tsefobid and Tsefoperus.
Pantsef of instruction should be used in the treatment of:
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections;
- Bacterial infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract, namely, pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, acute bronchitis and acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis;
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea of the cervix and the urethra;
- Otitis media.
Pantsef not indicated in the following cases:
- Against the background of hypersensitivity to the active (cefixime) or auxiliary components of the drug, as well as the penicillins and penicillamine;
- When pregnancy;
- During breastfeeding.
Pantsef not apply to children up to the age of six months.
Be wary appoint Pantsef instructions for the elderly, in patients with renal insufficiency and colitis in history.
Pantsef for children from 12 years of age (over 50 kg) and adults administered 400 mg once daily. It is also possible to divide the daily dosage into two drug administration.
Pantsef for children under 50 kg administered as a suspension based on the weight of their body - from three to nine mg per 1 kg of body weight (not to exceed 12 mg / kg).
The average duration of therapy Pantsefom - 7-10 days. In diseases caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, therapy is generally more prolonged (at least 10 days) in the treatment of uncomplicated gonorrhea cervix and urethra 400 mg taken once a medicament.
If the kidney function dose should be reduced by 25-50%.
Side effects Pantsefa
Pantsef, reviews may lead to violations of certain body systems. During therapy most likely to develop:
- Vaginitis (genitourinary system);
- Headaches, tinnitus, dizziness (nervous system);
- Abdominal pain, nausea, stomatitis, vomiting, diarrhea, pseudomembranous colitis, dysbacteriosis, constipation, cholestasis (digestive system);
- Renal dysfunction and interstitial nephritis (urinary system);
- Bleeding, leukopenia, pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, neutropenia, aplastic and haemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia (organs of hematopoiesis).
Allergic reactions, often accompanied by therapy Pantsefom reviews, manifested as:
- Erythema multiforme;
- Flushing of the skin;
- Itching in the genital area;
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis.
Among other violations, which calls for Pantsef reviews, hyperbilirubinemia observed, candidiasis, increased BUN, in the development of hypovitaminosis, hypercreatininemia, shortness of breath.
With an overdose of a drug described side effects are usually stronger.
Also, before starting treatment Pantsefom should be noted that against the background of allergic reactions to penicillins history may show hypersensitivity to cephalosporin antibiotics.
To increase the toxicity Pantsefa instructions on the simultaneous use of the drug leads to blockers of tubular secretion, including allopurinol and diuretics.
Also during therapy should be considered that Pantsef enhances the effect of indirect anticoagulants, and antacids which contain magnesium or aluminum hydroxide, contribute to slower absorption of the drug and reduce its therapeutic effect.
Pantsef refers to the number of parenteral cephalosporin antibiotic prescription, with a shelf life of 3 years, subject to the standard storage conditions. The obtained slurry of pellets should be kept not more than two weeks at a temperature of 15-25 degrees Celsius.