Fromilid - semisynthetic
macrolide antibacterial drug group.
Medications that are similar in operating principle (similar Fromilid) tetraolean, Klatsid, erythromycin phosphate Eriderm, Klabaks, kitasamycin.
Release form and composition
The following dosage forms release Fromilid:
- film-coated tablets (250 mg or 500);
- granules with the active drug substance (for suspension);
- powder for suspension.
Clarithromycin - active ingredient Fromilid.
Pharmacological action Fromilid
Antibiotic Fromilid exhibits activity against the following microorganisms:
- intracellular bacteria (Chlamydiatrachomatis, Legionellapneumophila, Chlamydiapneumoniae, Mycoplasmapneumoniae, Ureaplasmaurealyticum);
- All mycobacteria other than V.tuberculosis;
- Gram-negative bacteria (Neisseriameningitidis, Moraxellacatarrhalis, Helicobacterpylori, Haemophilusducreyi and Haemophilusinfluenzae, Neisseriameningitidis, Campylobacter spp., Pasteurellamultocida, Bordetellapertussis);
- Gram-positive bacteria (Listeriamonocytogenes, Staphylococcus spp.i Streptosoccus spp., Corynebacterium spp.);
- Some anaerobic bacteria (Peptococcus spp., Eubacterium spp., Clostridiumperfringens, Toxoplasmagondii, Propionibacterium spp.).
Fromilid after ingestion is well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The content of drug in biological zhidkostyahi tissues affected by an inflammatory process exceeds its content in blood plasma is ten times.
According to the instructions, or use Fromilid analogues Fromilid shown in the following diseases:
- inflammation of the respiratory tract infectious origin (tonzillofaringit, bacterial and atypical pneumonia, acute bronchitis, acute sinusitis, otitis media, chronic bronchitis);
- infections of skin and soft tissue (furunculosis, erysipelas, wound infection, carbunculosis, etc.);
- mycobacterial diseases - M. Lepra, M. kansasi, M. Leprae, M. Marinum, M. aviumcomplex.
- Helicobacter pylori infection (in the scheme of complex therapy);
- preventive measures in patients with AIDS;
- other infectious-inflammatory processes, provoked sensitive to the antibiotic microbes.
- hypersensitivity to clarithromycin, macrolide or other components Fromilid;
- severe liver disease;
- pregnancy (first trimester);
- Children under six months (for the drug in the form of a suspension) and 12 years (for Fromilid tablets);
- lack of sucrase-isomaltase enzyme, galactose malabsorption syndrome / glucose, fructose intolerance.
Application Fromilid Fromilid or analogs may cause the following adverse symptoms (according to reviews of Fromilid): anxiety, psychosis, sleep disorders, headaches, unreasonable fears, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, myalgia, abdominal pain, tinnitus (in rare cases up to hearing loss), allergic reactions, development of antibiotic immunity pathogens.
There are reviews of Fromilid confirming that the prolonged use of antibiotics in some cases, contributes to the bleeding of unknown origin.
Fromilid - Instructions for use
According to the instructions Fromilid in pill form, taken orally, swallowing whole with plenty of fluid.
and children older than 12 years (body weight bolee33 kg) is usually prescribed for 0, 25 g of an antibiotic every 12 hours.
For the treatment of serious infections, acute sinusitis and infections caused Haemophilusinfluenzae, administered at 0, 5 g of clarithromycin every 12 hours. Duration of treatment - one or two weeks.
For eradication Helicobacterpylori Fromilid preparation instructions on the dose administered in 0, 25 - 0, 5 g twice a day, usually within a week, a combined use with other drugs.
Children under 12 years (body weight less than 33 kg) Fromilid antibiotic administered as a suspension in a daily dose of 15 mg / kg body weight. The dose is usually divided into two steps. The suspension must drink a small amount of liquid (suspension pellets is not recommended to chew because of their bitter taste). The duration of the treatment - one or two weeks.
To prevent the spread and treatment of infection by Mycobacteriumaviumcomplex, appoint 0, 5 g means every 12 hours. The maximum dose per day - 2 years
The recommended daily dose for children - 0, 015, the dose should be divided into two stages. The maximum daily dose - 1 g Duration of treatment - six months or more.
Somestnoe use of clarithromycin steofillinom, carbamazepine, digoxin, lovastatin, simvastatin, triazolam, midazolam, phenytoin, cyclosporine, disopyramide, rifabutin, tacrolimus and trakonazolom contributes to the risk of side effects of the above drugs. The simultaneous use in the treatment of Fromilid and astemizole, cisapride, terfenadine pimozidai increases the risk of the possible development of arrhythmias, of life-threatening.
The combined use of clarithromycin, clindamycin linkomitsinai increases the risk of cross-resistance.