Epinephrine hydrochloride Vial
Epinephrine hydrochloride Vial - drug group neglikozidnye cardiotonic agents. It has hyperglycemic, bronchodilator, vasoconstrictor and anti-allergic effect.
Release form and composition
Epinephrine hydrochloride Vial in pharmacy comes in the form of the solution in vials, which can be used to lubricate the skin, injected intramuscularly, subcutaneously or intravenously.
Active ingredient of the drug is epinephrine, the contents of which in solution is 1 mg per 1 mL.
Packing 5 comprises a dark glass ampoules, 1 ml each.
Epinephrine hydrochloride Vial recommended for use in the following cases:
- Allergic reactions, including chronic urticaria, angioedema and anaphylactic shock, which can develop when using medicines, serums, infusion of donor blood, animal bites or insect eating certain foods, exposure to other allergens;
- Bleeding from the superficial capillaries of the mucous (including gums);
- The stimulation of cardiac activity;
- Treatment of asthma and asthma attacks removal of this disease, removal of bronchospasm when administered anesthesia;
- Hypoglycemic shock with an overdose of insulin;
- Treatment of asystole, hypotension;
- Prolongation of action of local anesthetic agents;
- During surgery, ophthalmology - eliminating swelling of the conjunctiva, dilated pupils;
- Treatment of priapism.
Adrenaline hydrochloride-Viala on instructions do not recommend the introduction of narcotic drugs halothane, cyclopropane, chloroform. In conjunction with these drugs can provoke strong epinephrine arrhythmia.
It is forbidden to prescribe epinephrine for hypertension, all forms of aneurysm, diabetes.
Absolute contraindications are atherosclerosis, glaucoma, hyperthyroidism. The drug is not prescribed to pregnant women and nursing mothers.
In combination with antihistamines or oxytocin increases intoxication.
Dosage and Administration
Several methods of application of the drug. Externally, you can use a tampon or a bandage soaked in a solution to stop the bleeding.
The practice of using the drug as eye drops.
If necessary, make subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous less, in this case, the solution should be injected very slowly.
In accordance with the instruction to epinephrine hydrochloride-Vial, the drug is not permitted to enter in the amount of more than five milliliters per day per adult. Single administration of epinephrine should not exceed 1 mg (1 ampoule). If the improvement of the human condition, which is administered drug, is not observed, it is possible to use similar stimulants, only less pronounced toxic effect (eg, theophylline).
The dose of drug for children is selected depending on the age and condition of the patient.
Adrenaline hydrochloride Viala may provoke negative reactions on the part of the body systems:
- Cardiovascular - angina, bradycardia or tachycardia, palpitations, pressure surges. When using high doses of ventricular arrhythmias, chest pain;
- Nervous system - headache, dizziness, heightened state of anxiety, tremor, muscle twitching, nervousness, sleep problems. Less psychoneurotic disorders: aggression, panic, paranoia, disorientation, impaired memory;
- Digestive system - nausea, vomiting;
- The urinary system (rarely) - a painful and difficult urination;
- Immune System - Allergic reactions: bronchospasm, skin rash, angioedema, erythema multiforme.
In addition, receiving epinephrine hydrochloride-Viala may cause such reactions as: increased sweating, hypokalemia, burning or pain at the site of intramuscular injection.
Infusions are recommended to the central vein, constantly monitoring the infusion rate.
During therapy epinephrine should monitor the concentration of K + in serum, as well as indicators of AD, IOC, diuresis, ECG, pulmonary artery pressure, central venous pressure.
Cancelling recommended medication gradually, as abrupt discontinuation of its use can cause hypertension.
Drugs similar mechanism effects on the body related to the same pharmacological subgroup: Gutron, Noadrenalin, Butiroksan, dobutamine, Dopmin, dopamine, and other Mezaton.
The drugs with the same active ingredient: Adrenaline (injection), epinephrine (topical solution), epinephrine hydrogen tartrate (injection).
Terms and conditions of storage
Epinephrine hydrochloride Vial must be stored at a temperature not exceeding 15 ºC, in a place where the sun's rays do not penetrate.
Shelf life is 2 years.