Phenytoin is an anticonvulsant agent with the ability to eliminate abnormal heart rhythm, relaxes muscles, lowers blood pressure and pain.
The active substance difenina - phenytoin, capable of reducing the seizure activity by inhibiting the motor centers of the brain.
The body Difenin preserved for a long time.
Assign User Difenin recommends that:
- epilepsy and epileptic seizures;
- supraventricular and ventricular cardiac arrhythmias;
- prevention of ventricular arrhythmias after surgical interventions on the heart;
- bradyarrhythmias (slow heart rate) and heart block caused by an overdose of tricyclic antidepressants;
- rhythm disturbances associated with organic lesion of the central nervous system;
- congenital syndrome of elongated interval QT, which is characterized by attacks of breathlessness, loss of consciousness, sudden death;
- trigeminal neuralgia;
- episodic behavioral disorders (irritability, anxiety, anger, insomnia);
- myotonia (prolonged muscle spasm);
- paroxysmal choreoathetosis (sudden bouts of erratic, irregular or unpredictable movements muscle spasm).
Reviews of phenytoin and therapeutic practice confirm the effectiveness of the drug in the above diseases.
Instructions for use difenina
Phenytoin is produced in the form of tablets, intended for ingestion. Difenin recommended to take after a meal.
Anticonvulsant and calming effect is provided by the reception 1-3 times a day for 0, 1-0, 3 grams of the drug.
Antiarrhythmic properties difeninom appear in 3-5 days provided receiving 0, 1 g of formulation 4 times a day. After achieving a therapeutic effect daily dose can be reduced to phenytoin 0, 3 g
For a more rapid onset of effect (at the end of the day 1-2) User Difenin recommends taking the following scheme: the first day is 5 times 0, 2 g, at 2-3 days the dose should be reduced to 0, 1g, leaving the former number of intakes and with 4 days the number of receptions is reduced up to 2-3 times a day.
The recommended daily dose of phenytoin for children - 2-4 mg / kg may subsequently increase the daily amount of the drug, but not more than 300 mg.
Renal failure - indication to reduce the daily dose of phenytoin twice.
Phenytoin, reviews confirm can cause undesirable effects such as:
- dizziness, insomnia, irritability, incoordination, tremors, speech disorder;
- eye pain, nystagmus (involuntary rhythmic eye movement);
- stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, gastritis;
- fever, skin rash, stomatitis;
- leukopenia (reduction in the number of leukocytes in the blood), anemia (erythrocytes or decrease in the amount of hemoglobin), lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes), agranulocytosis (decrease in the number of granulocytes in peripheral blood);
- long-term use - Latent Osteopathy, the calcium-phosphorus metabolism.
According to the instructions, Difenin not indicated for cardiac decompensation, kidney or liver disease, hypersensitivity, pregnancy and lactation.
Precautions Difenin used in alcoholism, fever, diabetes, extreme exhaustion, liver disease, porphyria (porphins increased content in the body and increased their allocation).
Shelf life difenina - 3 years. The temperature at which the deposited drug does not exceed 25