Cyanocobalamin - representative
multivitamin with trace elements.
Vitamin B12 belongs to a group of highly active biological vitamins, soluble in water. Cyanocobalamin is needed for the process of hematopoiesis, namely, normal maturation of red blood cells. Vitamin B12 is involved in the transport of methyl, hydrogen and formation of nucleic acids, the synthesis of choline and creatine. Cyanocobalamin promotes accumulation of compounds that contain sulfhydryl groups in erythrocytes.
According to the instructions Cyanocobalamin comes in ampoules and in tablet form.
Indications for use of cyanocobalamin
The use of cyanocobalamin is necessary in case of anemia due to B12-deficient patient's condition, aplastic anemia, which is caused by toxic substances and drugs, liver diseases (hepatitis, cirrhosis), polyneuritis, radiculitis, neuralgia, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Down's syndrome. Also Cyanocobalamin is used for prevention and treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency and radiation sickness.
Instructions cyanocobalamin: how to use
According to the instructions Cyanocobalamin administered subcutaneously, intravenously, intramuscularly and inwardly. Cyanocobalamin Dosage varies depending on the disease:
• When anemia, are associated with a deficiency of vitamin B12, 100-200 mcg administered every other day;
• When anemia associated with disease of the central nervous system of 400-500 mg daily the first week, after - 1 times per week;
• In acute
iron deficiency anemia should take 30-100 mg of cyanocobalamin every 2-3 days;
• In diseases of the peripheral and central nervous system daily dose of 200-500 mg;
• When hepatitis and cirrhosis 100 mcg cyanocobalamin every 2 days during the month;
• If Down syndrome and cerebral palsy at 15-30 mg every 2 days;
• At deficiency of vitamin B12, 100 mg every month.
Side effects of cyanocobalamin
According to the reviews of cyanocobalamin drug can cause actions in the central nervous system in the form of a state of excitation, side effects in the cardiovascular system is the ability tachycardia and pain in the area of the heart, and rarely - allergic reaction.
Cyanocobalamin is contraindicated in patients who suffer from thromboembolism, erythremia, erythrocytosis, or have hypersensitivity to the drug.
Cyanocobalamin has no contraindications for pregnant women and during lactation.