Bromhexine - is an expectorant, which affects the viscosity of phlegm and promotes its rapid evacuation from the respiratory tract.
The main active ingredient - Bromhexine hydrochloride.
Pharmacological group: mucolytics with expectorant.
The preparation may be produced in the form of tablets - 1 tablet contains 8 mg of bromhexine or 4mg active ingredient.
The drug may be part of some combination of Cough Medicine:
- Ascoril expectorant syrup (bromhexine - 4mg salbutamol - 2 mg guaifenesin - 100 mg Menthol - 1mg); tablets (bromhexine - 8 mg salbutamol - 2 mg guaifenesin 100 mg).
- Dzhoset syrup (5 mL contains salbutamol 1, 205 mg, 2 mg Bromhexine, Menthol 0, 5 mg, 50 mg guaifenesin).
- Solvin in tablets of 8 mg bromhexine; in elixir 4 mg in each 5 ml.
- Bromhexine Berlin Chemie 4 or 8 in the form of syrup in vials of 60 ml (5 ml syrup contains 4 mg or 8 mg of active ingredient).
- Bromhexine Chemie 4 and 8 in the form of pills for 25 pieces. in konvalyute (in 1 tablet 4 mg or 8 mg of the active ingredient).
The instructions to Bromhexinum indicated that it reduces the viscosity of mucus by breaking molecular bonds within the complex polysaccharides. Due to this, the expectoration becomes liquid and readily outwardly bronchial cough.
The drug also activates processes produce surfactant (internal lubrication alveoli) and improves the respiratory function of the lungs.
The tool used in diseases of the trachea, bronchus and lung, acute and chronic bronchitis, obstructive pulmonary disease and bronchial asthma, pneumonia, inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract - laryngitis, pharyngitis, tracheitis, tracheobronchitis, pulmonary tuberculosis and others.
Bromhexine effectively eliminates the symptoms of productive (wet) cough.
Do not take the drug in individual hypersensitivity to it.
The use of tablets or syrup Bromhexine during pregnancy or during lactation has no direct contraindications, but before starting treatment should consult a doctor.
Bromhexine syrup, tablets or elixir may cause the following side effects:
- Part of the digestive system - nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, sometimes worsening ulcers, bleeding.
- The nervous system - fatigue, headache and dizziness are frequent.
- Immune System - Allergic reactions such as itching, rash, hives, swelling, and others.
Instructions for use and dose Bromhexinum
Means according to the instructions to take Bromhexinum, but on the recommendation of a physician.
Adults and children of 12 years prescribed by means of 8 mg three times a day, in severe cases - take a day to 16 mg of active substance, fractional 2-3 reception.
The 6-12 medicament assigned 6-8 mg three times a day.
Children 2-6 years expectorant recommend taking 4 mg three times a day.
Young children means prescribed at a dose of 2 mg three times a day.
For pills Bromhexine 8 Berlin Chemie recommended daily dose of 3-4 pieces. adults and adolescents from 14 years of age. In severe cases, the dosage is increased twice.
At the age of 6-14 years prescribed Bromhexine 4 Chemie syrup 5-10 ml or 1 with dragee containing 8 mg of active ingredient three times a day.
Children 2-6 years old are encouraged to nominate 3-5 ml syrup Bromhexine 4 from Berlin-Chemie three times a day.
Bromhexine tablets are not recommended with drugs that block the cough reflex, for example, Code sinekod, Terpinkod, etc. stoptussin. Otherwise there is a risk of stagnation of phlegm in the bronchial tree, and the development of primary and secondary infectious processes (depending on the cause of the disease) can amplify the inflammatory process and even damaged the wall of the bronchial tree.
Combined reception is possible in the following order: expectorant drugs used during the day and antitussives - at night.