Amprilan - a preparation from the group of ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme), reducing the pressure and used for the prevention of heart disease.
Release form and composition
Amprilan available in flat, oval tablets with beveled, different weights and colors.
The active substance Amprilana - ramipril. Depending on the content of active substance release tablets:
- Ramipril - 1, 25 mg. Color: white (maybe almost white);
- Ramipril - 2, 5 mg. Color: light yellow;
- Ramipril - 5 mg. Color: pink with a splash;
- Ramipril - 10 mg. Color: white (maybe almost white).
Supporting components are: sodium bicarbonate, sodium croscarmellose, sodium fumarate, lactose monohydrate, pregelatinized starch, coloring (depending on the release form).
The tablets are available in blister packs of 7 and 10 pieces.
According to the instructions, Amprilan appoint the following diseases:
- Congestive heart failure;
- arterial hypertension;
- Chronic renal failure.
- Diabetic and nondiabetic nephropathy, which runs on the background of chronic kidney disease diffuse nature, including chronic glomerulonephritis with severe proteinuria;
- Condition after percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty, after coronary bypass surgery in patients with a history of stroke, as well as peripheral arterial occlusive disease.
According to clinical studies, use of Amprilana reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attack in those who are at risk (suffering from peripheral vascular disease, diabetes, coronary heart disease, Stroke), as well as in patients with hypertension, high cholesterol, microalbuminuria, tobacco dependence.
Amprilan reduces the need for revascularization. Diabetics means reduces the risk of kidney disease and microalbuminuria.
According to the instructions, Amprilan not apply if:
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, and other ACE inhibitors;
- A history of angioedema related to treatment with an ACE inhibitor;
- Arterial stenosis of a solitary kidney;
- Renal insufficiency;
- Nephropathy if therapy includes NSAIDs, corticosteroids, immunomodulators and / or cytostatic agents;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Stenosis of the aortic or mitral hemodynamically significant;
- And obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- Primary hyperaldosteronism;
- Hemodynamically significant bilateral renal artery stenosis;
- Condition after kidney transplantation;
- Hemodynamic instability;
- Chronic heart failure decompensation stage;
- Severe hypotension (blood pressure below 90 mm Hg);
- Lactase deficiency, galactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption.
Due to the lack of safety data, the use of Amprilana not indicated for patients under 18 years.
Dosage and Administration
According to the instructions, Amprilan taken orally, washed down with plenty of water. The drug is not tied to the diet.
The recommended dose of the agent depends on the diagnosis.
When hypertension appoint 2 5 1 mg every 24 hours (starting dose), and on an empty stomach in the morning (sometimes drug is given in 2 divided doses). Maintenance dose Amprilina - 2, 5-5 mg, and the maximum - 10 mg per day.
Hypertensive patients who continue to use diuretics (they cancel or decrease the dosage recommended for all at least 3 days prior to dosing), and hypertensive patients with renal, cardiac insufficiency, in the form of an initial single dose taken 1, 25 mg Amprilana.
In chronic heart failure patients the steady-state and receiving diuretics disposable initial dose is 1 to 25 mg per day. Under normal reaction means can double the dose at intervals of 1-2 weeks. Amprilana maximum dose per day - 10 mg.
Effects of myocardial infarction is treated in a hospital, a drug administered for 3 - 10 days after infarction: 2 times 2, 5 mg per day (first reception means). After 2 days, the dose is typically increased to 5 mg yield as 2 times in 24 hours (but not more than 10 mg). During maintenance therapy administered twice-taking the drug for 2, 5-5 mg per day.
Application Amprilana may cause the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular system - lowering blood pressure, orthostatic hypotension, tachycardia, myocardial infarction, angina, arrhythmia, orthostatic collapse;
- Genito-urinary system - proteinuria, decreased libido, decreased amount of urine, or the appearance of increased signs of kidney failure;
- CNS - stroke, anxiety, tremor, vertigo, cerebral ischemia, drowsiness, muscle spasms, paresthesia, headache, frequent mood swings, irritability, weakness;
- The senses - taste disturbances, hearing, sight, smell, ringing in the ears;
- Digestive system - vomiting, pain in the epigastric region, pancreatitis, cholestatic jaundice, nausea, intestinal obstruction, hepatitis B, thirst, stomatitis, decreased appetite, glossitis, dry mouth, impaired liver function and the subsequent development of liver failure, constipation, diarrhea;
- Breathing - shortness of breath, sinusitis, cough, bronchitis, rhinitis, bronchospasm, rhinorrhea.
Application Amiprilana can cause other side effects:
- Exfoliative dermatitis;
- Erythema multiforme;
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis;
Amprilan in some cases can cause convulsions, hyperthermia, alopecia, and increased sweating.
For patients over 65 years old, with renal failure and concomitant diabetes in the initial dose administered 1, 25 mg in 1 reception (24 hours). Supportive therapy Amprilanom - 2, 5 mg, and the maximum daily dose - 5 mg.
Patients receiving high doses of diuretics, it is necessary to reduce their level and take 1, 25 mg per day (initial dose).
Also, when choosing a dose of funds should be considered a target blood pressure.
The pressure reduction usually occurs within 1-2 hours after taking a single dose Amprilana. This effect lasts another day, and it reaches a peak in 3-6 hours after administration.
Analogues are drugs Amprilana: Tritatse, Pyramus, Hart and Ramigamma.
Terms and conditions of storage
Amprilan should be stored in a dry place inaccessible to children at a temperature no higher than 25 ° C.
Shelf life 1 tablets, 25 mg - 2 years, other forms of release - 3 years.