Alpizarin - drug antiviral action.
Release form and composition
Alpizarin produced in the form:
- Light yellow homogeneous ointment for external application with the content per 100 g ointment 2 or 5 g of active ingredient and auxiliary component - medical vaseline. The aluminum tubes or banks of 10 g and 20 g;
- Tablets containing 100 mg of active ingredient and auxiliary components - milk sugar, potato starch, calcium stearate. 10-30 pieces per pack.
The active substance Alpizarina - tetragidroksiglyukopiranozilksanten secreted from the leaves of mango, bacteriostatic, anti-bacterial, antiviral and immunostimulatory effects.
Antiviral activity Alpizarina manifested against the varicella zoster virus, herpes zoster, herpes simplex and cytomegalovirus. The drug has also unexpressed bacteriostatic effect against certain Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, Mycobacterium tuberculosis and parasitic protozoa. The drug has no allergenic and irritant properties.
Application Alpizarina most effective in the early stages of the disease.
According to the instructions, Alpizarin used in adults and children in the treatment of:
- Viral diseases of the oral mucosa (aphthous stomatitis);
- Recurrent and severe infections caused by the herpes simplex virus various sites, including genital herpes (in combination therapy);
- Herpes zoster;
- Cytomegalovirus infection;
- Herpetiformis eczema sarcoma;
- The varicella-zoster.
According to the instructions Alpizarin contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the components of the ointment or tablets.
Pregnancy is also a contraindication to the use of any drug form of the drug, lactation Alpizarin may be used strictly on the testimony.
The permitted use of Pediatrics:
- Ointments - 1 year;
- Tablets - 3 years.
Dosage and Administration
The best therapeutic effect is achieved by assigning Alpizarina early in the disease, or at the first sign of relapse. The tablets can be taken regardless of meals:
- Adults and children over 12 years - 2 tablets 3-4 times a day;
- Children 6-12 years old - up to 3 times a day 1 tablet;
- Children 1-6 years - 2-3 times a day for 1 / 2-1 tablet.
The maximum daily dose is Alpizarina:
- For children 3-12 years old - 3 tablets;
- For adults and children over 12 years - 8 tablets.
Duration of treatment is determined by the disease:
- Herpetiformis eczema sarcoma and cytomegalovirus infection - 7-21 days (in the complex therapy);
- Aphthous stomatitis - 5-15 days;
- Diseases caused by Herpes zoster (shingles) and Varicella zoster (chickenpox) - 5-21 day.
To prevent a recurrence of herpesvirus infections after treatment Alpizarin take another 10-14 days. At relapse, a second course of treatment.
Alpizarinovuyu ointment applied every 4-6 hours. The duration of therapy is determined by the disease.
When applying Alpizarina allergic reactions may occur.
In the event of herpetic lesions, as well as background lymphadenopathy, fever and other common phenomena can be applied simultaneously with the ointment tablets.
Mechanism of action counterparts Alpizarina are Allokin alpha Isoprinosine, Amizon, Ingavirin, Amiksin, Groprinosin, Arbidol, Viracept, Armenikum, Giporamin, Ferrovir, Proteflazid, Panavir, oxoline, Kagocel, Lavomax, Nikavir, Ergoferon, Panavir, Tselzentri, Tilaksin , Jodantipyrin, Lirasept, Isentress, tilorona, Fuzeon.
Terms and conditions of storage
Alpizarin released from pharmacies without a prescription. Shelf life regardless of the dosage form is 5 years.