Allergodil - antiallergic topical medication used in ophthalmology.
Release form and composition
Allergodil released in the form of:
- Colorless 0, 05% eyedrops containing 1 ml of azelastine hydrochloride in an amount of 500 mg and excipients: hypromellose, edetate disodium, benzalkonium chloride, sorbitol 70%, sodium hydroxide, purified water. The plastic bottles of 6 ml with dropper;
- Transparent spray the content in a dose of 1 140 mg of azelastine hydrochloride (1 vial - 10 mg) and excipients: hypromellose, disodium edetate dihydrate, anhydrous citric acid, sodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium chloride, purified water. The dark glass bottles with spray dispenser 10 ml.
As a histamine H1-receptor, the drug has a sustained and strong anti-allergic effect, and also has anti-inflammatory and membrane stabilizing effect.
Allergodil according to the instructions indicated for:
- Prevention and treatment of seasonal allergic conjunctivitis;
- Therapy perennial allergic conjunctivitis.
Allergodil contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity, and lactating and pregnant women.
Spray Allergodil not be prescribed:
- Children under 6 years in the treatment of allergic rhinitis and rhinoconjunctivitis;
- Children up to 12 years in the treatment of vasomotor rhinitis.
The medicament in the form of eye drops not used in children under 4 years.
Dosage and Administration
In the treatment of seasonal allergic conjunctivitis medication in the form of droplets administered to children older than 4 years and adults 2 times a day (morning and evening) 1 drop in each eye. In severe cases, use of the multiplicity Allergodil increased to 4 times a day. Against the background of the off-season (year-round) allergic conjunctivitis medication is used in the same way.
Drops can be used as a prophylactic measure.
In accordance with an instruction Allergodil a spray applied intranasally. In the treatment of allergic rhinitis and rhinoconjunctivitis children over 6 years and adults appoint 1 dose of the drug in each nostril 2 times a day. Children from 12 years and adults the dosage can be increased if necessary by 2 times.
Allergodil can be used for a long time, but not more than six months.
Against the background of Allergodil may occur disorders of the organ of vision, manifested in the form of:
- Foreign body sensation in the eye;
- Increasing the sensitivity of the eye;
- The increased lacrimation;
- Changes in the color of the conjunctival membrane;
In some cases, developing blepharitis and dry eye.
From systemic reactions can occur dysgeusia, dyspnea and dry skin.
In overdose Allergodilom may develop increased sleepiness. In this case, symptomatic treatment should be conducted.
Allergodil on the recommendation of a physician can be used in the treatment of infectious diseases of the eyes in the complex therapy. At simultaneous application with other eye drops must be observed interval is not less than 15 minutes.
Wearing contact lenses during therapy Allergodilom not recommended.
On the mechanism of action of drugs are analogues Allergodil: alomid, Zaditen, Kromoglin, Reaktin, allergies, chest of drawers, Lekrolin, Opatanol, Hi-chrome, Gistimet, kromogeksal, Ifiral except allergic.
Terms and conditions of storage
Allergodil can be purchased over the counter without a doctor's prescription. Shelf life of the drug in any dosage form - 3 years. After opening a bottle of eye drops can be used for 1 month, spray - for six months.