Aleve - a synthetic medication with anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activity.
Release form and composition
Aleve discharged in the form of film-coated tablets containing 220 mg of naproxen sodium salt. 10 pieces in a blister.
The drug Aleve, referring to the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs prescribed for degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system: gouty, chronic, and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis.
Application Aliva effective for pain arising from myalgia, neuralgia, tendinitis, arthralgia, sciatica, cancer, adnexitis, algodismenoree and toothache, headache, post-traumatic, post-operative, post-partum pain.
Also, in the instructions for Aleve it indicated that the drug can be prescribed for inflammation of upper respiratory tract infection nature occurring with severe pain (otitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis), and to eliminate fever, colds and emerging infectious diseases.
Application Aliva prohibited acute erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, hematopoietic suppression of the bone marrow, renal and hepatic insufficiency, during lactation, pregnancy, bronchial "aspirin" asthma, to run concurrently with nasal polyposis and chronic sinus against the backdrop of intolerance to drugs pirazolonovogo series ("Aspirin" triad).
The drug is contraindicated in children under one year.
Be wary appoint Aleve patients under 16 years with chronic heart failure.
Dosage and Administration
In acute disease course Aleve appoint 0, 5-0, 75 g twice a day. The maximum permitted daily dosage - 1, '75
For the maintenance treatment prescribed Aliva 500 mg per day, which is divided into 2 doses.
For relief of acute attacks of gout initially take 825 mg of the drug, and then every 8 hours 275 mg.
When painful menstruation (algodismenoree) should be starting dose of 500 mg, followed within 3-4 days by 275 mg every 6-8 hours.
For the treatment of migraine Aliva recommended dosage is 500 mg.
Admission Aliva may cause the following side effects:
- Hematopoietic system - aplastic, hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, granulocytopenia;
- The respiratory system - eosinophilic pneumonia;
- On the part of the digestive tract - erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, nausea, vomiting, epigastric discomfort, disruption of the liver;
- On the part of the urinary organs - kidney damage;
- From the nervous system - hearing impairment, drowsiness, slow psychomotor speed reactions, headache;
- Allergic reaction - skin rash, urticaria, angioedema.
When drug overdose nausea, drowsiness, heartburn, vomiting. Aliva treat overdoses, according to instructions, gastric lavage followed by administration of activated carbon (0 5 g / kg). Dialysis is considered to be ineffective.
If necessary studies to determine the 17-ketosteroids Aleve cancel 48 hours prior to its holding.
Chronic administration is recommended to monitor renal and hepatic function, as well as the peripheral blood.
During the treatment, be aware that the medication increases bleeding time.
By analogues Aliva includes drugs:
- For active substances - Bonifen, naproxen-ICN, naproxen;
- According to the mechanism of action - Bystrumkaps, Ibuklin, ArtroKam, Ibuprom, Bonifen, Advil, Brustan, Nurofen, Ketonal, Faspik, Solpafleks, OCI, Novigan, Artrozilen, Ibufen, Ibuprofen, Vimovo, Artrum, Brustan, Hayrumat, NEXT, Ketoprofen, flexo, Flamaks, Rakstan-Sanovel.
Terms and conditions of storage
Aleve is released from pharmacies without a prescription. Store at temperatures below 25 ° C. Shelf life Tablets - 3 years.