Akineton - synthetic drug used in Parkinson's syndrome, as well as extrapyramidal symptoms induced by neuroleptics.
Release form and composition
Akineton drug release in the form of tablets spigot white and transparent solution for injection.
The tablets contain 2 mg of biperiden hydrochloride. Auxiliaries are the microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch and potato, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, lactose monohydrate, copovidone, magnesium stearate, purified water, talc. The blister 10 or 20 tablets. One pack comprises 2, 5 or 10 blisters.
1 ml of the preparation contains 5 mg of biperiden lactate. Excipients - sodium lactate and water for injection. The solution is available in a 1 ml ampoule. In one pack of 5 ampoules.
According to the instructions, Akineton used for:
- Parkinsonian syndrome in adults;
- Nicotine poisoning or phosphorus-containing organic substances in adults;
- Extrapyramidal symptoms induced by neuroleptics or similar on the effect of the drug in children and adults.
According to the instructions to Akinetonu, the drug is contraindicated in:
- Obstruction and stenosis of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Individual hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation.
In the form of tablets means not administered to children under the age of 3 years. According to the instructions, Akineton used with caution during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester. If necessary, use Akinetona lactation should stop feeding as the active ingredient of the drug is excreted in breast milk. Precautions should be taking the drug in the elderly, as well as:
- Mochevyvedeniya delay;
- Prostatic hyperplasia;
- Heart rhythm disorders;
- Predisposition to epileptic seizures.
Dosage and Administration
In severe cases of Parkinson's syndrome, adult patients Akineton slowly administered intravenously or intramuscularly to 2-4 ml, divided in several doses. In applying the drug in tablet form usually initiated with small dosages - 1 mg to 2 times per day. Depending on the side effects and the therapeutic effect of the dose can be gradually increased to 2 mg daily. The maximum dose - 16 mg. It can be divided into 4 doses.
When motor disorders that cause the medication, a single application Akinetona appoint:
- Children under 1 year - intravenous 0 2 ml;
- Children 1-6 years - 0, 4 ml;
- Children older than 10 years - 0, 6 ml;
- Adults drug is prescribed intramuscularly or intravenously at 0, 5-1 ml, the maximum dose - 2-4 ml.
If necessary, repeat dose may be half an hour. If during insertion observed the development of side effects, application of the solution should be stopped.
When Akineton motor disorders can also be used in tablets, which take during or after a meal. The duration of treatment depends on the course of the disease. The dose for adults is 1-4 mg up to 4 times a day for children 3-15 years - 1-2 mg 3 times per day.
In case of cancellation received a dose of the drug should be reduced gradually.
In cases of poisoning by organic phosphate mixture prescribed dose, depending on the degree of poisoning, with Akineton used until symptoms disappear.
When nicotine poisoning drug prescribed as adjunctive therapy intramuscularly 1-2 ml.
Application Akinetona in some cases, can cause:
- Memory impairment;
- Delirious disorder;
- Muscle cramps;
- Violation of speech.
In some cases, there may be hallucinations. With increased excitation of the nervous system should reduce the dose of the drug.
Also, the use Akinetona can cause:
- Disorders of the digestive system - constipation, salivary gland enlargement, dry mouth, nausea, epigastric discomfort. To reduce the adverse effects of such medication is recommended to take after a meal;
- Tachycardia, bradycardia and decreased blood pressure;
- Violations of the organ of vision - closure glaucoma, paresis of accommodation, mydriasis;
- Allergic reactions, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating;
- Drug Dependence.
Side effects usually occur early in treatment, as well as the dose is increased too quickly.
In overdose Akinetonom may experience the following symptoms:
- Redness of the skin;
- Atony of the bladder and intestines;
- Advanced slowly reactive to light pupils - mydriasis;
- The collapse;
- Dry mucous membranes;
- Heart palpitations.
The simultaneous use of other anticholinergic Akinetona psychotropic drugs as well as antiparkinsonian, antihistamines and anticonvulsants may contribute to the peripheral and central side effects.
Also, care must be taken in combination with levodopa means, pethidine, quinidine, and some other drugs.
In the case of a long course of treatment with Akinetona need regular checking intraocular pressure.
The drug can reduce the reaction time, contributing to the deterioration of driving ability.
By analogues Akinetona include the following drugs:
- Biperiden hydrochloride.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is sold by prescription and refers to the list A.
Akineton should be stored in a dry place, away from children at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Shelf life of the solution for injection and tablets - 5 years.