Valsacor is a drug, lowering high blood pressure (antihypertensive drug).
Valsartan, which is part of the drug is a potent antagonist of specific receptors of angiotensin II (AT1).
Application Valsacor reduces peripheral vascular resistance, cardiac output and normalize systolic blood pressure, improve the condition of patients with heart failure by reducing the edema, dyspnea, respiratory sounds. Valsacor no effect on heart rate.
Valsacor Valsacor H and 160, in addition to valsartan, in the structure have hydrochlorothiazide having pronounced hypotensive properties. This material increases the excretion of water, chlorine, potassium and sodium. Valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide complementary properties of each other, and their interaction reduces the likelihood of side effects from taking Valsacor H and Valsacor 160.
Reviews Valsacor confirm the development of the antihypertensive effect of the drug after two weeks.
The maximum therapeutic effect is observed at 4-5 weeks of therapy.
The effect of a single dose Valsacor felt during the day.
Valsacor, instruction confirms effective in treating the following diseases:
- congestive heart failure;
- arterial hypertension;
- dysfunction or left ventricular failure resulting from myocardial infarction.
Valsacor Valsacor H and 160 are assigned with hypertension in cases where valsartan monotherapy does not give the desired hypotensive effect.
Instructions for use Valsacor
Valsacor produced in the form of tablets, film-coated and contain 40 mg, 80 mg or 100 mg of valsartan. Take the drug should be 1-2 times a day, regardless of meals.
According to the instructions Valsacor recommended daily dose in hypertension is 80 mg (taken as one dose), the maximum - 320 mg per day.
In chronic heart failure, treatment is initiated with a 40 mg dose, to be taken two times per day. When you save a multiplicity of methods to gradually bring the dose up to 80 mg or 160 mg (the maximum dose) Valsacor. If the patient show clinical signs of hypotension, the dose should be reduced.
After myocardial infarction receiving Valsacor must be made no earlier than 12 hours. The starting daily dose is 40 mg, which is divided into two steps. To gradually increase the dose, but at night is not recommended to take more than 320 mg of valsartan.
Valsacor Valsacor H and 160 are assigned to the doses that the physician considers appropriate .. Typically, these drugs are taken 1 time a day 1 tablet (160/12, 5 mg).
Clinical studies and reviews of Valsacor confirm that use of the drug may cause adverse reactions such as:
- headache, dizziness, fainting, insomnia;
- cough, rhinitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, respiratory tract infections;
- lowering blood pressure, heart failure (myocardial infarction);
- abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea;
- arthralgia, myalgia, back pain;
- renal dysfunction, decreased sex drive;
- itching, skin rash, hypersensitivity reactions, angioedema;
- fatigue, asthenia, fatigue;
- a variety of violations of the laboratory parameters of the blood (thrombocytopenia, hyperbilirubinemia, neutropenia, hyperkalemia, and others.).
Valsikor, Valsikor Valsikor H and 160 shall be imposed:
- in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances;
- children under the age of 18;
- pregnant and lactating women;
- when lactose intolerance, galactosemia.
Also Valsikor H and Valsikor 160 contraindicated in patients suffering from electrolyte imbalance, including symptomatic hyperuricaemia (increased concentration of urate in the blood), refractory hypokalemia (low potassium), decreased levels of calcium and sodium in the blood.
If Valsacor was appointed, instructions must be carefully studied, since a number of diseases the drug should be taken with caution: renal or hepatic impairment, hypotension.
Valsacor, Valsacor Valsacor H and 160 should be stored at a temperature not exceeding 30
S. drugs are considered fit for 2 years from the date of issue.