Euonymus - plant genus name, which brings together many species. In the European part of our country's most widely used two of them - the European euonymus euonymus and warty.
European spindle tree - a medium-sized shrub (2-3 m). Flowers from euonymus - small, have a greenish tint. Of those subsequently formed, three-pink fruit-boxes with poisonous seeds. Form leaves European spindle tree - elliptic, stem - four-sided. It grows throughout Europe, mainly along roadsides, near the forest and on the slopes, well illuminated by the sun. Often used as an ornamental plant in gardens and parks.
Warty euonymus is a shrub that grows up to two meters. It has a gray-green branches, covered with black and brown warty formations. European spindle tree flowers have four petals reddish-brown, not exceeding a centimeter in diameter. Fruit - a box also, but dark red, pear-shaped. Leaves are warty euonymus have a rounded shape and yellow-green color. This plant can be found on the banks of rivers, slopes of gullies and edges of forests the middle zone of our country.
As a medicinal plant materials used leaves and fruit of European spindle tree containing cardiac glycoside evonimin triglyceride triacetin, increased blood pressure, traces of alkaloids. The bark and roots contain high molecular weight hydrocarbon gutta-percha, stands out in the form of juice, and then hardening. The composition includes a fatty oil seed.
Now - the second representative of the family celastraceae. For medical purposes use the branches, wood, fruits and leaves warty euonymus. In the bark of branches contain carbohydrates, tannins, fatty acids. The leaves of euonymus found alkaloids, ascorbic acid, flavonoids.
Application euonymus in medicine
Infusion of European spindle tree fruit used in malaria as a means of stimulating sexual activity, as a laxative.
The powder or tincture from the leaves of Euonymus used as anthelmintic, externally - with lice (good to kill nits and adult), and scabies. All parts of plants (including flowers and fruits of Euonymus) are used as raw materials for the preparation of cardiac drugs and as a mild laxative.
A decoction of the bark warty euonymus used for heart problems, and as a laxative. Wood insisted on alcohol and is used to treat early stages of hypertension. Infusion extract and alcohol have hypotensive action.
A decoction of the branches can be used for migraines and neuroses. A decoction of the leaves of this species Euonymus used in ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdomen). Infusion of powder from the leaves and as a plodov- antihelmintic (inside) and antiparasitic (topically).
A decoction of the fruit euonymus can be used as an expectorant and a powerful laxative. Infusion of fruit euonymus increases potency.
Here are a few recipes for self-use euonymus in herbal medicine:
- A decoction of the bark. Take a teaspoon of minced raw material to 400 ml of water is maintained for five minutes in boiling water, then infuse for an hour and then filtered. The resulting broth can be used as a laxative (1 half a cup once a day on an empty stomach), or cordial (one tablespoon three times a day);
- Alcohol tincture of bark. Infused one part of raw materials in 10 parts of 70% alcohol. Used as antihypertensive agents by 6-8 drops three times a day with water. Duration of treatment - 2 weeks;
- A decoction of the branches. Tablespoons minced raw pour 400 ml of water, boil for five minutes, infuse for a couple of hours, and then filtered. Accepted migraines and neuroses three times a day 1 tablespoon for two weeks;
- A decoction of the leaves of euonymus. Take a tablespoon of raw material per 200 ml of water, boil for 3-4 minutes, to insist, filter and take 2-3 times a day on a tablespoon as a diuretic and ascites;
- Infusion of leaves. The leaves are crushed, then 5 tablespoons raw 2:00 insist in a liter of boiling water, then the infusion is filtered. It is used topically as an insecticide;
- Infusion of fruit euonymus. Half a teaspoon of fruit filled with 400 ml of boiled water, and filter. Accepted for impotence tablespoon three times a day for 3 weeks ex.
All species of celastraceae are toxic to plants, and in varying degrees, all of them are toxic parts.
The most dangerous are the fruits of Euonymus, which, unfortunately, looks quite attractive for people. When poisoning marked dyspeptic disorders, vomiting, fatigue, convulsions. Universal remedy for poisoning - gastric lavage and administration of activated charcoal.