Azitral is an antibiotic with a broad spectrum of action, which is part of the group of macrolides. It has bactericidal activity in the source of infection.
Release form and composition
Form release Azitrala:
- Capsules 250 mg, in blisters (6 capsules), paper cartons;
- Capsules 500 mg, in blisters (3 capsules), paper cartons.
It is a white powder, packed into hard gelatin capsules, consisting of a body and lid white.
One capsule contains Azitrala 250 or 500 mg of azithromycin dihydrate; and as auxiliary substances: anhydrous lactose, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate, corn starch, purified water, propylparaben, methylparaben, gelatin.
Active substance Azitrala, azithromycin, is highly active in the interaction with Gram-positive cocci, Streptococcus, some Gram-negative bacteria, anaerobic bacteria groups; It is also active against some species of mycoplasma, ureaplasma, chlamydia, treponem and Borel.
Indications for use Azitrala, according to instructions, are diseases of infectious and inflammatory nature, caused by bacteria sensitive to the drug:
- Inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract (sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, and others.);
- Inflammatory diseases of the lower respiratory tract (bacterial and atypical pneumonia, bronchitis);
- Scarlet fever;
- Infections of skin and soft tissue (impetigo, erysipelas, secondarily infected dermatitis);
- Infection in the urogenital area (gonorrheal urethritis or cervicitis);
- Stomach ulcer;
- Lyme disease (initial stage).
The main contraindications to receiving Azitrala are:
- Liver failure;
- Renal insufficiency;
- Age child up to 12 months;
- Hypersensitivity to a given drug or to other macrolides.
Dosage and Administration
Azithromycin retains its bactericidal effect in inflammatory focus for 5-7 days after taking the last dose. This fact leads to the treatment with this drug short - 3 or 5 days.
Azitral 500 mg usually administered in the course of three days, one tablet once per day. Tablets should be taken either one hour before eating or two hours after.
If the patient skipped time it should take the medication as soon as possible, and then to restore the time interval of 24 hours.
Standard children the dosage is calculated by weight of the child - the daily dose of 10 mg / kg of the drug, course - 30 mg / kg.
In each individual case, only the treating doctor prescribes a dose and paints course of treatment.
Application Azitrala may cause the following side effects:
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, flatulence - from the digestive system;
- Chest pain, palpitations - with the cardiovascular system;
- Dizziness, headache, anxiety, sleep disorders - CNS;
- Vaginal candidiasis, jade - the part of the genitourinary system;
- Many allergic reactions.
During drug overdose Azitral, according to instructions, may appear the following side effects: nausea, vomiting, temporary hearing loss. Their appearance requires the appointment of symptomatic therapy.
Caution should be taken to the destination Azitrala people suffering from arrhythmia.
During pregnancy, the drug is used only if the risk from the use of azithromycin is less than the risk of dangerous consequences of existing disease.
After receiving Azitrala 500 mg, should take into account the emergence of allergic reactions.
Analogs in which as active principle used azithromycin: azivok, Azitroks, Azitrotsin, Zitrolid, Sumamed, Sumamoks, Hemomitsin, etc. Ekomed.
Preparations one farm. subgroups, similar in mode of action: Arvitsin, Vilprafen, Klabaks, Klareksid, Clarithromycin, Klaritsin, Lekoklar, Macropen, oleandomycin, Roksolit, Safotsid etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Capsules Azitral dispensed in pharmacies by prescription only. Store this medication preferably in a dry place inaccessible to children with temperatures above 25 ° C.
The maximum shelf life Azitrala - 3 years.