Azitroks - a broad-spectrum antibiotic.
Release form and composition
Azitroks relates to macrolide antibiotics group. The active ingredient is azithromycin.
It is produced in the form of hard gelatin capsules with a powder of white or yellowish in blisters.
In 1 capsule contains azithromycin dihydrate (based on azithromycin) - 250 mg or 500 mg, and the excipients:
- Mannitol (mannitol);
- corn starch;
- Sodium lauryl sulfate;
- Magnesium stearate.
In accordance with the instructions, Azitroks prescribed for:
- Airway inflammation (tonsillitis, pharyngitis, otitis media, sinusitis);
- Infection of upper respiratory tract (bronchitis, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, community-acquired pneumonia or hospital);
- Diseases, sexually transmitted diseases;
- Skin and soft tissue (impetigo, erysipelas, erythema migrans chronic, secondary piodermalnye dermatoses);
- Duodenal and gastric infections caused by Helicobacter pylori.
Azitroks by instructions for high sensitivity to azithromycin and other macrolide antibiotics group, as well as hepatic or renal failure.
It is not allowed use of the drug for children weighing less than 45 kg.
Use caution while taking antacids, because they slow down the absorption of azithromycin, as well as derivatives of ergotamine, since there is a possibility of ergotism.
Dosage and Administration
Adults and children Azitroks should be taken one hour before meals or two hours after meals more than once a day. This is due to the long period of drug elimination from the body.
Average therapeutic dose is 250-500 mg depending on the evidence, the doctor chosen individually.
The daily dose depends on the indication and from 500 mg to 1000 mg.
Missed capsule should be taken as soon as possible. Next dose should be held strictly within 24 hours.
During the application Azitroks adverse reactions may occur, most of which are not grounds for termination of treatment, and only require dosage reduction. among them:
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, bloating and abdominal pain;
- Headache, neutropenia, dizziness, eosinophilia, arthralgia;
- Vaginitis, excitement, angioedema, nervousness, insomnia, paresthesia, hypotension, chest pain, heart palpitations, erythema, skin and mucous membranes.
Typical symptoms of overdose azithromycin - partial hearing loss, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea. In this case shows the assignment of activated carbon, gastric lavage and symptomatic therapy.
Application Azitroks during pregnancy is possible in some cases, under strict medical supervision.
Reliable data on the penetration of the drug in breast milk is not available, so if you need treatment during lactation, breast-feeding should be discontinued.
Azitroks does not affect the ability to drive motor vehicles, and does not slow the mental and physical reactions.
Azithromycin is a member of the following medicines:
Analogues Azitroks mechanism of action are:
- Erythromycin and other drugs.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry, dark place, with an air temperature 15-25 ° C. Keep away from children. Shelf life - 2 years.