Mikosist - an antifungal drug used in the treatment of thrush and other diseases caused by pathogenic fungi.
The active substance has high Mikosista antifungal activity against pathogens opportunistic mycosis, which cause:
- Candida spp .;
- Trichophyton spp;
- Microsporum spp .;
- Cryptococcus neoformans;
Mikosist - a highly effective tool for the treatment and prevention of thrush and other diseases caused by pathogenic fungi, including Coccidioides immitis, Blastomyces dermatitidis and Histoplasma capsulatum.
Mikosist produced in the form of hard gelatin capsules with an opaque white body, containing active substance - fluconazole as a dense paste or powder of a white powder, various dosages:
- 50 mg - with a light blue opaque cap, 7 pieces in a blister;
- 100 mg - with turquoise opaque lid, 7 pieces in a blister;
- 150 mg (Mikosist 150) - with blue opaque cap, on 1 piece in a blister.
Also Mikosist produce a colorless solution for infusion in vials containing 100 ml of solution. In 1 ml - 2 mg of active substance.
According to the instructions Mikosist used for:
- Systemic lesions that cause fungus Cryptococcus, including sepsis, meningitis, an infection of the lungs and skin. Thus Mikosist used both in normal immunity and in various forms of immunosuppression - AIDS or organ transplantation;
- Generalized candidiasis including candidemia, disseminated candidiasis with endocarditis defeat, abdominal, urinary organs, respiratory and eye;
- Deep endemic mycoses with normal immunity, including sporotrichosis, coccidioidomycosis and histoplasmosis;
- Mycosis of the skin of the body, feet, groin, with pityriasis versicolor, onychomycosis, skin candida infections;
- Mucosal candidiasis of the esophagus, mouth or pharynx;
- Mucocutaneous and chronic atrophic oral candidiasis associated with wearing dentures;
- Genital candidiasis, including acute and recurrent vaginal candidiasis and balanitis;
- Non-invasive bronchopulmonary candidiasis.
Mikosist also used to prevent:
- Cryptococcal infection in AIDS;
- Relapse of oropharyngeal candidiasis in AIDS;
- Fungal infections after radiotherapy or chemotherapy in the treatment of malignant tumors.
Mikosist contraindicated used in conjunction with drugs that prolong the interval QT, terfenadine and astemizole included. It is also contraindicated for use Mikosista in capsules under the age of six months.
Hypersensitivity to Mikosist and other azole compounds is a contraindication to the use of the drug.
Mikosist of instructions are not recommended during pregnancy and lactation except when a fungal infection is severe and life-threatening form.
Instructions for use Mikosista
Mikosist used depending on the disease:
- Cryptococcal infections including cryptococcal meningitis daily dose on the first day of treatment is 400 mg Mikosista and then throughout the course of treatment, an average of two months, once a day, 200-400 mg;
- Vaginal candidiasis and balanitis caused by Candida, usually take one capsule Mikosist 150. Also, to prevent a recurrence of the disease, for four months to a year, taking Mikosist 150 once a month 1 capsule;
- When invasive candida infections, including candidemia, disseminated candidiasis and in the first day of treatment is also used Mikosista 4 tablets of 100 mg, and then throughout the rest of the course of treatment - 1 times a day, 200 mg;
- For other mucosal Candida infections, including candida mucocutaneous, non-invasive bronchopulmonary lesions and candiduria Mikosist instructions for use from two weeks to a month at a daily dose of 50-100 mg;
- If oropharyngeal candidiasis and atrophic oral candidiasis is usually taken once a day for 50-100 mg for two weeks. When lowered immunity treatment may last longer;
- When mycosis skin using 1 capsule once Mikosist 150 1 time per week. In the opinion of Mikosist effective in treatment for two weeks to a month;
- When onychomycosis once a week take one capsule Mikosist 150. Generally, treatment is carried out for a long time, until the replacement of the infected nail, an average of six months to a year;
- When pityriasis versicolor for two weeks taking 300 mg Mikosista once a week or every day 50
The dose and duration of use Mikosista course for the prevention of fungal infections depends on the state of the immune system and the degree of risk of such infections.
Mikosist as a solution for infusion is administered intravenously. The rate of administration should not exceed 10 ml per minute. Infusion sets can be used for conventional transfusions. Wherein the dosage does not depend on the dosage form.
Combined therapy should be careful while applying Mikosista with other drugs because of the possibility of hypoglycemia, tachycardia, uveitis, and gain other side effects.
Mikosist on responses often cause disorders of the digestive system, such as: vomiting, flatulence, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
Much less drug causes:
- Abnormal liver function;
- Impaired renal function;
Allergic reactions such as skin rash or redness of the skin when applying for Mikosista reviews appear more frequently than the more serious reactions - toxic epidermal necrolysis, and anaphylactoid reactions.
Mikosist Capsules can be purchased without a doctor's prescription, the solution for infusion - a prescription. Shelf life of capsules Mikosist - 5 years, the solution for infusion - 2 years.