General characteristics of the disease
Angina - an infectious disease, the main manifestation of which is the inflammation of the tonsils. Purulent tonsillitis is caused by different types of bacteria (mainly streptococci), or transferred through airborne droplets or by contact with dirty dishes and unwashed products. Generally, tonsillitis in children and adults occurs where the broken capillary blood circulation, which in turn causes difficulties in the supply of tissues of the body with essential nutrients. As a result, a diagnosis of angina, treatment is based on the strengthening of the movement of blood through the vessels, especially in the area of the tonsils. In total, from the infection every year suffers 10-15% of our population, including children and adolescents. Splash angina incidence in the spring and autumn.
Causes of tonsillitis
Anyone ill with angina only after his body gets an infectious agent. As such, it stands an army of pathogens: viruses, bacteria, fungi. The most common cause of the disease are hemolytic streptococcus and staphylococcus round. Angina enters the body, both outside and inside. In the first case it is transferred already infected people, who during sneezing and coughing "splash out" the bacteria to others. Internal sources of the disease - is usually chronic infection: a runny nose, sick gums, tooth decay.
Among the triggering factors of the disease is also called: hypothermia, decreased immunity, high levels of dust in the air, frequent smoking, alcohol and injuries tonsils.
Classification of angina
Depending on the symptoms of tonsillitis, purulent secrete, bluetongue and necrotic angina.
- purulent tonsillitis lacunar type - infectious process affects the mucous membrane of the gaps where the pus accumulates, the resulting tissue death, and the development of inflammation. With the accumulation of exudate extends from the mouth of the gaps in the form of tubes yellow;
- purulent tonsillitis follicular type (tonsillitis) - infection affects follicles (lymphatic nodules). On the surface of the mucosa appear yellow purulent education content. When they merge, the person can develop abscesses;
- catarrhal angina - the beginning of the disease is characterized by acute symptoms with all the signs of asthenic-vegetative syndrome. Tonsils are increasing in size and covered with a thin film of mucus exudate, but, in general, such as a sore throat catarrhal develops without the formation of pus;
- necrotic angina - inflammation of the tonsils causes morphological changes accompanied by tissue necrosis and the formation of ulcers.
In addition to these kinds of diseases, tonsillitis in adults and children can have a mixed character, that is characterized by signs of infection at the same time and purulent, and, for example, necrotic angina.
Once inside the body, the bacteria settle on the tonsils and begin to proliferate. Symptoms of angina occur within 5-7 days, while the weaker the immune system, the faster and more acute inflammatory process develops. Note also that the angina treatment is not carried out or carried out without compliance with established rules and procedures, leading to quite serious consequences: rheumatism, nephritis, cardiac events, the formation of abscesses, blood poisoning (sepsis).
Angina - Symptoms
Angina starts with chills, headache, general weakness, aches in the joints, and difficulty in swallowing food. Chills in patients not last long (about 1, 5 hours) and then followed by raising body temperature to 38-39 degrees. Over time, increases and a sore throat. At first, she worried man only when swallowing, but then manifests itself in a state of rest, peaking in the second or third day after the onset of illness. Purulent tonsillitis accompanied by the appearance of pustules on the surface of the tonsils. In addition, for all forms of infection is characterized by staining of the tonsils, palatine arches and uvula in a bright red color. Among other characteristic symptoms of the disease are the following symptoms:
- swelling of the mucosa of the oropharynx;
- swelling of the neck;
- skin rash;
- runny nose, cough;
- inflammation of the mucous membranes of the eyes;
- abdominal pain;
- increase in the size of lymph nodes;
In the treatment of the disease, many people prefer to use a popular treatment for a sore throat, but it is wrong, because the symptoms are similar to it have a much more serious disease. Accordingly, failure diagnosis and self-medication can lead to serious complications and even death of the patient. Therefore, at the first pain in the throat and inflammation of the tonsils, you should seek medical advice.
Treatment of angina
As in acute and catarrhal and purulent tonsillitis accompanied by fatigue and fever - the patient is shown to bed. The standard diet includes those foods that do not injure the inflamed tonsils - soups, mashed potatoes, cereal. It is important to drink plenty of warm fluids. The best choice would be fruit drinks, fruit drinks and mineral water.
With regard to medicinal products, no special and exotic agents do not have to buy. Antibiotics for angina - it is, as they say, is exactly what the doctor ordered, and you can find them in any drugstore city. In most cases, patients are assigned penicillin, erythromycin, ampicillin. We note here that antibiotics need to be taken even after a sore throat, or more precisely after the acute symptoms subside. Otherwise, there is a high risk of re-infection.
People's treatment of angina
Because antibiotics in the treatment of angina are used as the main treatment methods, traditional recipes serve as additional resources. They do not eliminate the cause of the infection, but can improve the condition of the patient, remove the heat, wrap around the ingestion of food. In addition, national treatment of angina prevents the development of serious complications, but again, we note that this effect is achieved only when connected folk and traditional methods of struggle with a sore throat. Now we come to the most famous recipes:
- during and after tonsillitis our grandparents often used garlic. The head of this miracle plant cut into pieces and filled with a liter of water. Garlic is boiled for an hour and then added to water 1 tsp. Baking soda and you're ready to inhalation;
- Mix and chop the sage leaves, mallow flowers and elderberry. 1 tsp. Herb mixture pour a glass of boiling water, then it is necessary to insist the drug for 40 minutes and strain. Drugs should gargle 3-4 times a day until complete recovery;
- brew a strong tea (not in bags), tea leaves cool to an acceptable temperature and add to it 1 tsp. salt. The resulting mixture was used to rinse the throat several times a day;
- If tonsillitis in adults and children accompanied by severe pain in the throat, you can use the following recipe: in a glass of boiled water sprinkle in a teaspoon of salt and soda, and then add a few drops of iodine. The solution should be to gargle 4-5 times a day.