Brief description of the disease
In a literal translation from the Greek term "myalgia" means "muscle pain". Typically, the disease comes on suddenly and is accompanied by the sensation of movement or muscle palpation. In addition to sharp pain, myalgia behaves swelling of extremities, areas of inflammation, violation of the permeability of membranes of muscle cells. Contrary to popular belief, the symptoms of myalgia may occur even in perfectly healthy people at a time when they, for example, overtaxed muscles during physical work or exercise.
The causes of myalgia:
- influenza, SARS and other infectious diseases;
- arthritis, sciatica, spine pathology;
- bruises, sprains;
- overexertion of muscles in the course of employment.
Myalgia - symptoms and clinical picture
Symptoms of the disease are manifested in different ways depending on the type myalgia. In modern medicine, decided to allocate:
- fibromyalgia - is characterized by pain in the muscles, ligaments and tendons. Most often suffer shoulder joints, the occipital region of the back and neck. Discomfort is especially pronounced when the muscle palpation;
- inflammatory myositis or myalgia - treatment of patients with this diagnosis is absolutely necessary, because people suffering from severe pains that occur when the simplest movements. This type of myalgia has a strong influence on the muscles of the trunk and limbs. In severe cases lead to disabilities;
- polymyositis - characterized by pain in the muscles dystrophy, muscle weakness.
In addition to the above symptoms, myalgia inherent in all types of headache, nausea, vomiting, swelling, hyperthermia, impaired permeability of cell membranes.
Myalgia - Treatment of diseases
Selecting a method of treatment depends on what reasons was called myalgia. If symptoms appear after colds, the patient is prescribed antipyretic drugs that not only eliminate the heat, and pain in the muscles. A similar tactic is used in all other cases. For example, if myalgia arose after nervous overstrain, then get rid of it will help sedatives.
When doctors can not establish the true cause of the disease, treatment methods are based on direct elimination of symptoms. Typically, patients are prescribed nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: meloxicam, indomethacin, naproxen, diclofenac. Myalgia, which symptoms are especially strong, reception may require non-narcotic analgesics such Pentalgin, kaffetina or dipyrone, where they are received in the form of ointments or tablets, intravenously or - via injection. As for ointments, the best effect is observed when rubbed into the inflamed areas Finalgon, analgosa and Fastum gel. Good results also show Menovazin and tincture of red peppers.
Regardless of the form of myalgia, get rid of the pain in the muscles you need using a set of measures. In particular, if a person is diagnosed with myalgia, treatment involves not only receiving medication, and exercise therapy, visits to the masseur, physiotherapy and resort and spa treatment.
A more detailed look at the massage. If it is done by professionals, the patient promptly disappear almost all signs of myalgia, improves blood circulation, reduces swelling of limbs and restore normal operation. The first massage performed gently, but then the load on the inflamed area increases as the intensity of pain. The course lasts 6-8 procedures. Each session lasts about 15 minutes, so if you have a diagnosed myalgia, treatment with massage does not take much time and will get rid of the disease, not looking up from his work and household chores.