The disease, when
where there is growing into the lateral edge of the nail fold (the area of skin around the nail) nail plate is called onychocryptosis (ingrown nail, onihogrifoz). Ingrown nails can affect any nail plate, but most are his favorite localization of the big toe.
Ingrown nail on the foot - it is a serious problem for anyone faced with this pathology. As ingrown nail in the thickness of the soft tissues it damages them, resulting in the formation of ulcers, and tissue growth, increase in the so-called "wild meat". When walking there are quite strong pain, but she faded nail plate becomes thickened and gradually begins to crack.
The causes of ingrown toenail
- Hereditary predisposition. The emergence of this disease is more common in people whose close relatives are also affected them.
- Incorrectly matched shoes. According to reviews, the ingrown nail is most common in people who prefer to wear narrow and tight shoes. This leads to compression of the fingers, and thereby the nail plate begins to grow properly.
- Ingrown nail on the leg often occur as a result of injury.
- To develop ingrown nail can cause fungal infection of the nail plate.
- The most common cause, leading to the appearance of ingrown nail is the wrong nail clippings on the toes.
Ingrown nail: Treatment
If you have just begun ingrown nail in the soft tissue, the disease can be treated at home by conservative methods:
1. Carefully trim the nail perfectly straight line. Never cut it too short, since it only enhances ingrowth. File off the corners a little nail nail file, they are less irritating to tissue of the nail platen.
2. To reduce the severity of inflammation and associated edema do leg warm salt baths. After the end of the procedure the water gently pat the damaged area and lubricate tea tree oil, which has excellent disinfectant properties. Then, very carefully lift the nail plate and put under it a small cotton flagellum (turunda). These procedures should be performed every day for two weeks.
you nail plate is very rigid, and you can not slip under her cotton turundas it to soften it can be used to wrap butter or aloe leaf imposed on the day.
4. For the treatment of ingrown toenail can use various antibacterial ointment (liniment Vishnevsky levomikol, etc..). They are well eliminate inflammation, reduce pain and prevent overgrowth of granulation ("wild meat").
5. In the opinion, the ingrown nail is best treated conservatively as follows: once a month or needle files nail file to file down the thickness of the nail from its inception to the tip (after the nail is necessary to steam) on the midline. Should be cut down to about half its thickness. After a few treatments nail plate is sufficiently transparent, and through it even begins to shine the nail bed. Felled nail begins to grow together, pulling on their edges to the middle, resulting in over time completely ceases to grow into the tissue of the nail platen.
Ingrown nail: Operation
Unfortunately, conservative treatment measures ingrown nail does not always lead to the achievement of stable positive effect. In these cases, the patients to get rid of the discomfort and inconvenience, doctors recommend surgery - removal of an ingrown nail. Similar operations are performed on an outpatient basis and under local anesthesia. After them, recurrence of the disease is almost not observed, provided that you wear the right shoes matched.
During the operation, ingrown nail, or rather its edge excised. In addition, the surgeon excised and a portion of the root of the nail and nail bed to the desired width, which guarantees the absence of recurrence of the disease in the future.
In some situations it is possible to produce a gentle removal of a small portion of the nail shaft, which saves the usual shape of the nail.
In recent years, the removal of the ingrown nail is increasingly produced using laser technology. Similar operations are better tolerated by patients and provide a low rate of postoperative complications.