Headache is one of the most common complaints with which people go to the doctor. Latest
Epidemiological studies show that over 80% of the adult population suffer from headache, and 30% of these headaches can become a cause sustained reduction in health and quality of life. Headaches impede the flow of many diseases, and also provoke the development of autonomic disorders, depression and sleep disorders.
Headache is the leading or sole complaint at more than forty different diseases: diseases of the eye, ENT organs, nervous system, renal disease, and endocrine system, hypotension, depression, neurosis and hypertension.
The most common form of headache - migraine and tension headache.
Causes and symptoms of headache
The four major causes of headaches:
1. The organic brain diseases or disorders liquorodynamic:
• volume of the brain (headache mainly observed in the morning, combined with nausea and vomiting);
• head trauma (acute or chronic, general or localized), poorly treatable;
• inflammatory disease (meningoencephalitis, meningitis).
2. Vascular causes of headache:
• hypertension (oppressive, heavy, throbbing headache in the back of the head and neck);
• headache (severe throbbing headache in one half of the head, nausea, vomiting, photophobia, and sound). Migraines often prone young woman. Migraine can also be transmitted hereditarily;
3. psychogenic causes of headache:
• Voltage is the most common form of headache (stress headache symptoms: persistent tightening, squeezing, squeezing pain of moderate or low intensity, with no clear localization and aggravated by physical exertion). Caused by mental strain due to chronic or acute stress.
4. extracerebral causes:
• exposure to chemicals or drugs. Substances or drugs that can cause headaches, - lead, insecticides, carbon monoxide, benzene, alcohol, caffeine, nitrates (e.g., nitroglycerin), oral kontratsiptivy;
• extracerebral infectious nature of the disease. Many bacterial or viral infection headache attack begins, and only then join other symptoms as fever, lethargy, loss of appetite and the like;
• diseases of the mouth, teeth, nose, sinuses, ears, eyes, neck and other structures of the face and skull (sinusitis, glaucoma);
• metabolic disorders (dialysis, hypercapnia, hypoxia);
• Neck ostereohondroz. The pain can be chronic or episodic. Localized in the neck and occipital region and extends on eye-temporal area. People with this pathology has a stiffness in the muscles of the back and neck, as well as the restriction of movement in the cervical spinal department. The causes of such pain can be prolonged physical activity associated with hyperextension or tilt of the head, sleeping in an uncomfortable position.
Methods of diagnosis of headache
Since the causes of headache a lot, you need a comprehensive survey. It is advisable to go through a consultation
a neurologist, internist, an ophthalmologist and, if necessary, an infectious disease specialist and a neurosurgeon.
As laboratory tests are often used blood tests and lipidogram. The functional studies using Doppler, electroencephalography, computer and magnetic resonance tomography examinations of the cervical spine, and the thyroid gland.
The number of studies appoints doctor, taking into account all the complaints of the patient and found somatic diseases.
Headache Treatment depends on the type and severity of the headache, as well as factors such as the age of the patient and others. If the headache is a symptom of another disease, the underlying disease should be treated.
For relief of acute headache analgesics used - NSAIDs - ibuprofen, paracetamol, as well as their preparations with added caffeine (Panadol, pentalgin, solpadein, noshpalgin) spazmalitikov. Medications alone can only be used one-time, abuse of analgesics can cause many side effects - disturbances in the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, liver.
For the treatment of headaches and used gabapentin, valproate, muscle relaxants, vitamins, sedatives, neuroprotective agents, diuretics, anti-oxidants, vascular medicine and physiotherapy.
How to remove the headache
If the headache is not desirable to drink coffee, it is better to use tea as a coffee can ease pain only for a while, and then the pain returned with a vengeance.
How to remove the headache traditional methods? Remove headache, according to traditional medicine can help a cabbage leaf. It must be a minute drop in boiling water, drain, cool and apply on the temples, forehead or back of the head (depending on where it is experiencing pain). Then you can enjoy freshly brewed tea with mint leaves and honey (honey contains magnesium and potassium, which improves blood circulation and thus relieve tension in the arteries).
Other popular methods:
• Drink apple cider vinegar diluted in a glass of water;
• Aromatherapy: rub one or two drops of essential oils of rosemary or lavender in the temples;
• menthol ointment. Spread the forehead or temples;
• Easy head massage: stroking movements need to pass from the frontal zone to the occipital region. Coming from the crown down to the ears, from the top to the back of his head and slowly lower to the neck. Complete calm massage neck and neck area;
• Very efficient and well-known remedy for relieving headaches is a balm "asterisk";
• Sleep. Peace and darkness greatly help relieve the headache;
• lemon peel. Clean the inside of lemon peel on the white flesh and attach to the temples. Over time, the temples appear reddish itching and headache will pass.