Brief description of the disease
Bacterial vaginosis - an infectious disease that manifests itself abundant, malodorous vaginal discharge occurring due to changes in the composition of its flora. Generally, bacterial vaginosis makes itself felt after a bacteria to grow and reduce the number of beneficial microorganisms. However, the exact reasons for which there is bacterial vaginosis is not completely clear. Experts suggest that the development of infections triggered by hormonal disorders, presence of an intrauterine device, and some antibiotics.
Bacteriological examination of the composition of precipitates are found in the following bacteria: Bacteroides, fuzobakterii, klebsiely and gardnerella. Because of the latter is often called bacterial vaginosis gardnerellezom.
Causes of the disease
As mentioned above, the exact causes of bacterial vaginosis - unknown. Doctors have identified a number of factors that are expected to provoke the development of disease:
- hormones - hormones have an effect on vaginal microflora. It is known that bacterial vaginosis is rare among adolescent girls, in which the level of hormones in the blood is lower than that of adult women;
- the presence of an intrauterine device - the risk of infection is increased twice;
- the use of large amounts of antibiotics - drugs inhibit the multiplication of lactobacilli and create all conditions for the development of harmful micro-organisms;
- lowered immunity - the treatment of bacterial vaginosis may be required after a serious illness, as they lead to a weakening of the protective functions of the body and contribute to the growth of harmful bacteria.
In recent years, it has been proved that sexually transmitted bacterial vaginosis is not passed, but some sexually transmitted diseases suppress the immune system and affect the microflora of the vagina, so the choice of a partner is still approached with the utmost responsibility.
Bacterial vaginosis - symptoms and clinical picture
In more than 50% of reported cases of bacterial vaginosis does not manifest itself. No wonder, therefore, that the disease is often detected only routine inspection at the gynecologist. In the remaining cases, the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria leads to the following consequences:
- heavy vaginal discharge with an unpleasant odor characteristic of fish. Their number increases after sexual intercourse;
- weak itching in the genital area;
- discomfort and a burning sensation during sexual intercourse;
- pain during urination (not common).
If untreated, bacterial vaginosis causes serious consequences. Bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy provokes the development of complications in childbirth and premature a baby into the world, and is also one of the causes of cervical cancer. In addition, changes in the composition of the microflora of the vagina affect the overall resistance of the organism. It is known that in patients with bacterial vaginosis women are much more likely recorded cases of infection with gonorrhea, chlamydia, human papillomavirus infection and other extremely unpleasant "sores."
For men, bacterial vaginosis is absolutely safe. He did not sexually transmitted, and generally considered to be a purely female problem. However, the diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis, treatment should begin as soon as possible, because the unpleasant smell secretions and discomfort during sexual intercourse will not allow the pair to live a normal, full life.
Bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy
Bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy manifests itself after the hormonal changes of the body. The disease has an impact on child growth and development, can cause premature birth and therefore in need of timely treatment. The absence of unpleasant symptoms is not a basis for refusing medical care, as in this case it is a question of life and the health of your baby.
How to treat bacterial vaginosis?
The main efforts are aimed at preventing medical complications of bacterial vaginosis. To this end, experts are taking action to restore normal vaginal flora and destroy harmful bacteria. Typically, this is used antimicrobial tablets and local media - gels, suppositories, tablets. Here is a list of the most effective means:
- metronidazole Trichopolum, metrogil, flag - inhibit the growth of bacteria, but can cause side effects (nausea, vomiting, indigestion), and the drug should be under constant medical supervision;
- Clindamycin - comes in the form of vaginal suppositories or cream. Inserted into the vagina once a day at bedtime;
- metrogil plus - inhibits the growth of bacteria and prevents the development of thrush. The drug is administered into the vagina twice a day - in the morning and evening.
If there is bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy, before taking any of these drugs should consult with your doctor, who will advise the most gentle means.
After the elimination of harmful bacteria need to take care of the restoration of the normal vaginal flora. For this perfect probiotics - drugs containing live beneficial microorganisms. The most popular probiotics - is lineks, bifidumbakterin, laktobakterin.