Asthenozoospermia - a pathological condition ejaculate, characterized by a decrease in the quality of secretion due to low sperm motility.
Asthenozoospermia: cause of male infertility
Asthenozoospermia - state
Sperm characterized by a decrease in the number of active and moving sperm, carrying traffic on a straight path, and reducing their movement speed. Astenozoospermiyayavlyaetsya cause of low fertility couples about 40% of cases. Asthenozoospermia diagnosed using laboratory analysis of sperm quality, quantity and viability of sperm, called spermogrammoy.Issledovanie can also set the acidity of the semen, to analyze morphology of sperm and to determine the degree of deviation from the norm.
Healthy couple for a successful conception must be from 8 to 12 months, subject to regular sexual intercourse without contraception (portion of semen gets into the genital tract). Semen analysis shows couples with burdened anamnesis (one partner already had problems conceiving), sperm donors, as well as those planning to sperm cryopreservation. To identify asthenozoospermia semen can be carried out in a planned manner during the examination partners during pregnancy planning.
Currently, there are no tests and methods for determining the fertilizing capacity of sperm. It should be noted that in the fertilizing capacity affects not only the mobility of sperm, but also their number. The acidity of the vaginal environment is detrimental to sperm, seminal fluid contains an alkali to mitigate the corrosive environment, which allows the sperm to enter the uterus and fallopian tubes to fertilize an egg. Wednesday uterus contrary has activating effect on the sperm, helping to improve their mobility. This effect is called capacitation.
Asthenozoospermia: extent of the disease
According to the World Health Organization sperm are divided into four classes:
- Class A - progressively active-moving sperm, while the number of active sperm asthenozoospermia moving in a straight direction, is less than 20%;
- Class B - slightly progressively motile sperm, if asthenozoospermia levels of slow-moving sperm in the ejaculate is less than 30%;
- Class C - non-progressive motile sperm, motion is carried out mainly on the pendulum trajectories at asthenozoospermia sperm count, moving to place equal or greater than 50%;
- Class D - completely immobile sperm, when asthenozoospermia number of sperm in the ejaculate is 10% or more.
Depending on the quantitative content of certain of sperm in the ejaculate are three degrees of asthenozoospermia:
- Asthenozoospermia degree 1 - slightly with the number of motile sperm groups A and B less than 50%. When such an extent asthenozoospermia sperm fertilizing potential remains high, it takes only a small correction, as well as the elimination of the causes of "defect" quality of the semen;
- Asthenozoospermia level 2 - moderate with the amount of sperm motility groups A and B at least 30-40%. When the extent necessary asthenozoospermia thorough examination to determine the cause of the violation and the elimination of these causes;
- Asthenozoospermia degree 3 - marked with the number of active sperm groups A and B at least 30%, and the prevalence of sperm groups C and D. This form of pathology requires careful examination and a long recovery of spermatogenesis.
Note that at any rate there is a possibility asthenozoospermia fertilization by sperm. Asthenozoospermia diagnosis can not be regarded as an absolute cause of infertility couples.
Asthenozoospermia: the causes of disease
Currently, the causes of asthenozoospermia still not understood. When asthenozoospermia reasons may be:
- Genetic factors - a congenital mutation leading to morphological defects of the head, the neck of the sperm flagellum, which is the main structural element for the movement of the sperm;
- Toxic effects - the use of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, medicines, industrial poisoning by pesticides, including environmental degradation;
- The temperature factor -podverzhennost critical high and low temperatures (part of the stay in the sauna bath or a long stay in the cold);
- Stress factors;
- Long-term abstinence;
- Antisperm immunity, promoting change in the amplitude of pulsation of sperm;
- STD (urethritis caused by trichomonas infection, gonorrhea, etc.);
- Inflammatory processes of genitals;
- Pathology of prostate secretion.
When asthenozoospermia reasons can act are many other factors that are not associated with the sexual sphere.
Asthenozoospermia: how to treat, diagnosis, prognosis
To identify asthenozoospermia how to treat it forecasts the restoration of normal concentration of motile sperm necessary to make laboratory tests of semen
. Explanation semen analysis done exclusively by the attending physician based on the test results set asthenozoospermia degree, how to treat it, and the necessary lifestyle changes
. The quality of the seminal fluid, the concentration of active sperm and semen fertilization capacity is largely dependent on the power men, mental status, physical activity
. As a rule, asymptomatic asthenozoospermia
. The basis of the treatment used asthenozoospermia medication drugs aimed at correcting the conditions that determine the state of sperm
. When asthenozoospermia caused by a genetic mutation morphology (structure) of sperm, the prognosis is unfavorable
. In such cases, a successful IVF fertilization
. Asthenozoospermia due to other causes, easily amenable to correction
Asthenozoospermia: Treatment folk remedies
In various forms of asthenozoospermia treatment of folk remedies can be very effective. For the treatment of asthenozoospermia used ginseng root, decoction of sage, and psyllium. Note that when asthenozoospermia treatment of folk remedies would be ineffective if the breach of viability and motility due to the presence of inflammatory and infectious processes, genetic disorders. In this etiology asthenozoospermia treatment should first be directed to the elimination of a provoking factor. Mild treatment asthenozoospermia traditional methods is the most effective.