Pulpitis - "nervous" illness
It all starts with a small, almost invisible holes in the tooth, which at first you do not even pay attention. And even if noticed, hike to your favorite dentist is postponed for a week - the other, and then life's problems will spin, and ... one night you wake up from acute toothache, which just makes you all the morning knock on the dentist's office. And the doctor, examining the mouth, declares: "Yes, you, my friend, pulpit."
Pulpitis - a consequence of the running of tooth decay, inflammation of the pulp (neurovascular bundle of the tooth). A characteristic feature of pulpitis is growing, throbbing pain in the tooth, especially pronounced at night.
Etiology (cause) of pulpitis
The inflammatory process begins in connection with the fact that the cavity of the tooth, formed as a result of running caries fall food particles, pathogenic microorganisms, which provoke an inflammatory process. Although the dental practice there are cases where there is a so-called retrograde pulpitis, ie Infection occurs through the apical foramen root canal.
Symptoms of pulpitis
Pulp, the symptoms of which are quite diverse can be categorized as follows:
- Chronic fibrous pulpitis - often in the transition of acute to chronic inflammation of the pulpit. It is characterized by a change of acute dental pain and dental pain arising from external stimuli. There may be bouts of dull pain of a tooth. Chronic fibrous pulpitis may occur without symptoms described;
- chronic hypertrophic pulpitis - most common in young adults and children with severe tooth decay. It is accompanied by bleeding and painful sensations from mechanical impact;
- chronic gangrenous pulpitis - proceeds with quite severe pain. This affected teeth sensitive to hot temperature.
Acute pulpitis is divided into two main types:
- focal pulpit is the initial stage of inflammation of the pulp. The pain is short-term, intermittent, enhanced by exposure to irritants.
- diffuse pulpitis - the most severe form. Pain is sharp and unbearable. Pain response is possible in the temporal part, ears, eye socket and jaw. Hot is an irritant, and cold (eg, water) dulls the pain.
Necrosis of the pulp - is an irreversible form of pulpitis. When it dies completely pulp. Pulp necrosis may result from the mechanical effects (shock) when there is a rupture of the neurovascular bundle
Acute pulpitis, the symptoms of which are more pronounced, forcing the patient to the dentist will apply.
Pulpitis in childhood
Physiological characteristics of the child's body influence the clinic pulpit. Acute pulpitis in children, especially in teeth with unformed roots, is often purulent form and accompanied by inflammation peridonta. Percussion tooth (tapping) is very painful. And while sometimes there is the mobility of the affected tooth. Pulpitis children usually occurs and treated, as well as adults. Of particular difficulty is the medical history of the child's perception of emotional pain.
Treatment of pulpitis
Pulpitis treatment performed in stages depending on the disease and disease forms. Modern drugs are able to save the crumbling fabric of the tooth at the initial stage of the disease with timely treatment to the doctor. In cases where the disease has gone far in its development, the doctor makes depulpation (removing the nerve), followed by cleaning and filling of canals.
If earlier dentists often removed from the damaged tooth pulp because of the complicated procedures depulpation, today's treatments pulpit allow tooth to continue to perform its functions.
Today, there are two traditional methods of treatment of pulpitis:
Biology (conservative) - method, the use of which remain viable dental pulp. Typically, a biological method is used in the opened accidentally tooth cavity, traumatic pulp slurry in inflammatory disease. This method is most effective in the early stages of the disease. Procedures for biological method:
- Local anesthesia;
- removal of affected tissue;
- the use of medical paste;
Application of a paste and sealing treatment can occur in one or in two stages using a temporary seal. This depends on the extent and complexity of tooth tissue damage.
The surgical method - removing the inflamed pulp, and then filling the channel and the restoration of a tooth crown. Surgical methods are used: a vital way to depulpation (under anesthesia) and non-vital, ie preliminary killing nerve.
Methods of treatment of pulpitis chosen doctor after careful examination of the degree of disease.
The main way to prevent pulpit is prevention and timely treatment of tooth decay in adults and children.