Baker's cyst - a rounded dense elastic formation in the popliteal fossa filled with synovial (joint) fluid.
Baker's cyst is formed as a result of inflammation in the knee joint, or spontaneously without any specific reason. With knees bent, she hardly noticeable, but clearly appears when the knee unbent. Education Baker cyst can be triggered by excessive exercise, joint injuries, osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
In the case of education of the Baker cyst behind the knee there is a feeling of pressure, discomfort and pain. There are difficulties in bending and straightening your knees, accompanied by painful sensations. Significant dimensions of Baker's cysts can cause innervation and circulatory disorders due by displacement of nearby nerve trunks and blood vessels. Below the knee there is a feeling of numbness, coldness of skin, stinging, swelling formed.
Baker's cyst is a popular treatment
Effectively alone or in combination with medication use national treatment Baker cyst.
To eliminate the cyst Baker popular treatment is recommended following recipes:
- Tincture of the leaves and stems of golden whiskers. Three-quarters of the capacity to fill the chopped leaves and stems, top to pour vodka, to stand for 20 days in a cool dark place. Strained resulting alcoholic solution taken orally to 2 tablespoons in the morning and evening. The remaining thick used to compress, to tissue or gauze to put a little weight on the knee wrap up all night;
- Infusion of celandine. A half cup of boiling water pour two tablespoons of crushed celandine, insist 20 minutes. From the resulting mass to make a compress on the bad joint, apply 2 hours;
- Compress from the medical bile and camphor alcohol to remove a cyst Baker. The mixture in the ratio of 250 grams to 160 grams of bile camphor alcohol pour into a glass container with a tight lid and store in the refrigerator. Every day for a month for 4 hours apply a compress around a joint, with an emphasis on the popliteal fossa. Over compress parchment paper and spread all wrapping a warm cloth;
- The infusion of comfrey root. A spoonful of crushed root well steamed 300 ml of boiling water, simmer in a water bath for 20 minutes, one hour to infuse, then strain cooling. Take 3 times a day for half a cup inside and do compresses infusion adding 50 ml of rubbing alcohol to the affected area to apply for 3 hours;
- Compress of propolis and calendula. Dried or fresh marigold flowers grind and pour hot goose fat (1/2 cup), add chopped propolis heated and stir. Smooth to put on a gauze bandage and wrap it all night long knee. Make every day until recovery;
- Compress raspberry and elderberry. Take the leaves of garden raspberry and elderberry flowers in equal shares. Two tablespoons of collecting pour 1/2 cup of boiled water, half an hour in a container with a tight-fitting lid. The resulting mass, laid out on the oilcloth fabric, apply daily to the affected area for 2 hours;
- Compress the mixture of spicy cloves and dandelion. Two tablespoons of chopped dandelion root pour in 150 ml of boiling water and keep on low heat for 10 minutes, then strain the infusion, to pound into mush roots and reconnect. Grind a spoonful of dried cloves and pour 1/2 cup of boiling water, let it brew. Connect received infusions, add a spoonful of alcohol, stir well, put on a cloth wrapped around the patient's joint. Apply on top of the parchment paper and wrapping all warm cloth to keep the 3:00 daily.
If it is correct to choose the most suitable recipe, carefully follow the advice on the production facilities and the reception mode, a popular treatment of Baker's cysts in most cases, it helps solve this problem.
Baker's cyst treatment
Treatment of Baker's cysts should begin with a complete examination, to identify the possible source of the disease. It is recommended to have an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), ultrasound (ultrasound) of the knee joint and the contents of the cyst puncture for analysis. A survey of selected operative or conservative treatment strategy Baker cyst:
- Conservative treatment strategy recommended Baker cyst, if the cyst was formed recently and has a small size. Thick needle pierced body cysts, sucked the contents in the cavity introduced steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (diprospan, hydrocortisone, kenalog). In the case of inflammation of the knee appointed treatment of the underlying disease: physical therapy, anti-inflammatory ointments, compresses, tablets, medicines blockade;
- Operation Baker's cyst is carried out in case of increase of its size, pinch popliteal neurovascular bundle, limiting knee flexion, repetitive synovitis, as well as in the event of failure of conservative treatment.
Conservative treatment for Baker's cysts in most cases provides only a temporary effect, since the capsule cyst remains in the body after a while it can once again begin to accumulate fluid.
Baker's cyst surgery
Operation Baker's cyst - removal of mucous tendon bags with their contents. Standard Baker cyst removal is performed under local or spinal anesthesia. On the rear surface of the knee incision is made over the cysts, it is separated from the surrounding tissue, or insertion ligated stitch, then cut off at the base of the cyst. Sutured wound and covered place cyst removal Baker aseptic bandage is applied on top of a tight bandage or plaster.
Operation cyst Baker lasts half an hour, postoperative hospital stay 3-5 hours, 5-7 days after the operation is allowed to complete walking. Rehabilitation occurs 7-10 days, when the stitches removed.
Results Baker cyst removal is usually good, recurrence was observed.