Powerlifting - power sport, whose task is to overcome the weight of the maximum weights. Unlike bodybuilding, powerlifting main purpose is not the aesthetic beauty of the body, and the development of physical force.
The concept comes from the powerlifting two English words - «power» (power) and «lift» (lift). This sport is also called power triathlon: this is due to the fact that it as a competitive disciplines are three main exercises:
- Squats, located on top of the blades;
- Bench barbell lying on a bench;
- Thrust rod.
These exercises are basic and is recommended for beginners athletes to develop strength and muscle mass recruitment.
Joint powerlifting results in three disciplines in competition determine the qualifications of the athlete. Performance Evaluation takes place on the total weight of all three exercises. In case of identical results the winner is the athlete with less weight. If there is a need to compare athletes from different weight classes, apply the formula Glossbrennera and Wilkes.
Powerlifting is a sport, not included in the Olympics, but it is part of the World Games, taking place under the supervision of the International Olympic Committee.
A classic powerlifting power triathlon called (press, squats and pull), with participation that uses a minimal set of equipment. Original equipment powerlifting appeared to protect the athlete from injury, but in recent years, manufacturers have improved their products, by providing stiffening tissue and other "tricks" an increase of 5 to 15 kg of weight in every movement. So, Ryan Kennelly was able to squeeze in a gear 487, 6 kg, but without equipment - only 294, 8 kg. Similar results Powerlifting caused the rapid growth of standards of the sport over the last 10 years.
Currently powerlifting use the following equipment:
- Protective bandages on his knees and wrists;
- Overalls for sit-ups;
- T-shirt for the bench press;
- Overalls for deadlift and others.
Initially, the International Federation of powerlifting competitions were held only outfit powerlifting, but in recent years bezekipirovochny or classic powerlifting athletes won recognition in spite of the fact that the regulations of the variety of the sport are still in the development stage.
As mentioned above, the sport includes the three basic exercises:
- Squats on the back. Starting position - the neck is on the trapezius muscles of the back, feet shoulder width apart, weight on the bar evenly distributed on both limbs. We take a deep breath and holding his breath, gently lowered down. At the same time your knees are bent and the buttocks "go" down and back. Once the thigh parallel to the floor will need to strain the muscles and back to the starting position;
- Bench press. Starting position - the bar is kept at arm's length above the chest hands. Then the bar is lowered to the chest, squeezed out of this situation on the outstretched hand. After the exercise bar returns to the stops;
- Thrust rod. Starting position - the torso tilted forward, slightly bent at the waist. Grief rods in front of the lower leg. Breathe in, hold the breath and tighten the bar to the stomach. This move elbows up and straight back. You must strive to raise your elbows as high as possible. Pulling up the shell to the belt, exhale and slowly lower it to the floor.
Based on years of experience, the experts recommend:
- share workout Powerlifting on a bench, prisedovye and traction (this method leaves the athlete to perform auxiliary power exercises);
- vary the intensity of the load, sharing training on light, medium and heavy. Intensity refers to the load number of lifts, related to its average weight (in percentage).
Auxiliary exercises mentioned above, have a certain value: they are used to improve the overall fitness of the athlete. Also contribute to the formation of such qualities powerlifters as strength, endurance, speed, flexibility, and the development of individual muscle groups of the body, affecting the results obtained in the competitions in powerlifting. They are training with weights, barbells, dumbbells, fitness equipment, shock absorbers, exercise gymnastic and acrobatic nature.
The equipment for powerlifting
For training in powerlifting, the following devices:
- Set pancakes (crepes neobrezinennye recommended to use with thinner);
- Stands for squat and bench press;
- The platform for the deadlift.
Contraindications for classes Powerlifting
There are a number of diseases in which to engage in weight training is not recommended. These include:
- Hemorrhoids. To begin the training only after complete recovery;
- Hernia. The disease can be cured only by surgery;
- Increased intracranial pressure (enhanced training can lead to loss of vision);
If these diseases are powerlifting is possible, but with some caution, and only after consultation with a specialist:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
Training Powerlifting in moderate mode can improve overall health, strengthen the immune system and help cure many diseases of various kinds. For example, the exercise of the sport are the "lifeline" for the treatment of pulmonary diseases in the chronic forms (they allow you to get rid of excess fluid and increase lung capacity).
The basic rule to be followed, doing powerlifting - strictly observe the coach and doctor.