Pressure therapy - a cosmetic procedure, which is a hardware compression lymphatic drainage massage, during which there is the withdrawal of excess liquid from the human body. The essence of the pressure therapy is controlled impact on the lymphatic system via feed through special cuff compressed air.
The lymphatic system - the most important organ of our body, which serves as protection of body cells against foreign substances, poisons and toxins. It is responsible for the process of absorption of the tissue metabolic products and water, contributing to the release of toxins.
Any failure of the lymphatic system leads to edema (fluid retention) and poisoning organism decomposition products of tissue structures obsolete (viruses, bacteria, toxins internal and external). Violations of the lymphatic system entail not only cosmetic problems (appearance of extra kilos, cellulitis, edema, an unhealthy complexion), but also other health problems: decreased immunity, headaches, low efficiency, fatigue.
During the procedure, pressure therapy activates the movement of lymph from the center to the peripheral areas, so that eliminated its stagnation. As a result, the flow of lymph restored, helping cleanse the venous blood, improve homeostasis, removal of muscle tension, reduction of oxygen starvation, restore water balance in the body.
The procedure for pressure therapy
Apparatus for pressure therapy was created by scientists from the Netherlands Van der Molen, catches the relationship between the effects on the body of rhythmic intermittent pressure on the limbs and the withdrawal of the excess tissue of the lymphatic fluid. According to the scientist, this process will help patients suffering from sagging skin, cellulite, obesity and venous edema.
Pressure therapy procedure performed with a special suit, which through the cuff or valves supplied with compressed air. Due to the peculiarities of the (two inflatable boots and suit 15 segments), the effect of the compressed air at a pressure therapy may be provided by 8 parts of the body separately.
Especially popular among patients enjoy pressotherapy legs, it has on the lower limbs local health effects: eliminates cellulite, eliminate fat and swelling, reduces the severity of feet, tones the blood vessels, as a preventive measure other than varicose veins. As the procedure lymph drainage, as a whole, pressure feet can be combined with different methods of treatment for cellulite and body shaping: electromyostimulation, hirudotherapy, ultrasound therapy.
Pressure therapy session, in the opinion of patients is carried out as follows: the client wears a suit to which arms, legs and stomach are connected via air ducts elastic cuffs. Then the man lays on the couch and takes a comfortable position. As soon as the suit is filled with air, it takes rhythmic alternating pressure differences (high and low) and pauses therebetween.
By variations in the pressokostyume, air waves create mechanical effects on the skin, the body's muscles, subcutaneous fat and venous and lymphatic vessels of hands and feet. At the time of a soft but intense air compression takes place deep massage, whereby the muscles are saturated with blood cell metabolism is activated, including toxins and excess fluid.
Modes of Compression and vacuum in pressokostyume alternate with intervals of 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Length pressure therapy is 20-45 minutes.
Review, pressure in an amount equivalent to one session of 20-30 sessions of conventional manual massage.
For better results, experts recommend a course to pass pressure therapy containing 10-15 procedures with an interval of 2-3 days. A second course is recommended to assign no earlier than six months after completion of the latter.
Indications for pressure therapy
In the absence of contraindications pressure therapy is recommended in the presence of diseases such as:
- Cellulite (including post-partum);
- Local deposits of fatty tissue;
- Chronic venous insufficiency;
- Muscular overvoltage;
- Swelling of the feet;
- Diabetic angiopathy;
- Constipation, decreased motor function of the intestine;
- Adhesions of the abdominal cavity;
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system (gout, arthritis, arthrosis, osteochondrosis);
- Post-operative or post-traumatic swelling;
- Stress, chronic fatigue syndrome, insomnia.
In addition, pressure on reviews of patients, is an excellent tool for the prevention of thrombosis.
The procedure for lymphatic drainage is used as a reducing agent in the rehabilitation period after liposuction.
Effects of pressure therapy
The procedure for pressure therapy does not cause a person any pain or discomfort. Moreover, the session of lymphatic drainage has a relaxing influence: after the patient feels rested, refreshed, feels lightness in the legs and muscles.
However, the above results are not limited to the effects of pressure therapy:
- Due to the effects of subcutaneous fat presso consequences manifested in the elimination of cellulite, firming, softness and elasticity of the skin;
- Significantly reduces the volume of the body, removed adipose tissue, swelling of the body are derived toxins and excess fluid;
- Due to pronounced vasodilator and antispasmodic action pressotherapy legs helps prevent varicose veins;
- Boosts immunity, improves mood, stress resistance is formed. The body gets a "second wind", a charge of vivacity;
- Reduces the period of rehabilitation after injuries and operations.
Contraindications to pressure therapy
Despite the fact that the permitted pressure therapy for people who have contraindications for procedures such as ultrasound, electrophoresis, hand massage, there are states in which the implementation of a session of lymphatic drainage is prohibited. These include:
- Violation of the integrity of the skin;
- The presence of chronic diseases in the field of pressure therapy;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Impaired renal function;
- The presence of benign and malignant tumors;
- The presence of blood clots in blood vessels and expressed penchant for their education;
- Unhealed fractures;
- Pregnancy (second and third trimesters), lactation.
Even in the absence of contraindications to pressure therapy prior consultation with a specialist is required before a session of lymphatic drainage.